Join now - be part of our community!

Showing "you have disabled a required permission" when select item in contact list

SOLVED
Patrick1123
Visitor

Showing "you have disabled a required permission" when select item in contact list

When I select contact person in contact list, the mobile shows "you have disabled a required permission". I have checked the permission setting and found the contact permission already enabled.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @Patrick1123, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Make sure that the Contacts application have the correct permissions, so it can access the storage and so forth.

You can change this in Settings > Apps > Contacts > Permissions. Once the application has all the permissions, try and access it again.

Let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Jonas
Master

Hi @Patrick1123, welcome to our forum and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Make sure that the Contacts application have the correct permissions, so it can access the storage and so forth.

You can change this in Settings > Apps > Contacts > Permissions. Once the application has all the permissions, try and access it again.

Let me know how it goes!

Patrick1123
Visitor

@Jonas, thank you for your reply.

Finally, apart from "Contact", "SMS" and "Phone" permission, I need to select "Storage" permission.
Jonas
Master

Hi again @Patrick1123,

I'm glad to hear you were able to solve this and thank you for marking my answer as a solution so other users will have an easier time finding it!

Let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with and have a great day! Slightly_smiling_Face

jpproductions
Visitor

Hello,

I have just upgraded my xa ultra to androild 7, and now whenever I try to edit my contacts, it shows you have disabled a required permission.

Even though I have set the contacts app to all permission, still not working, please help. It is really terrible.

Thank you

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@jpproductions

Make sure that the "Phone" app has all the required permissions too.

jpproductions
Visitor

Thank you for the reply. I have set PHONE and CONTACTS's permissions, but still same problems. any other tips?

Jonas
Master

Hi @jpproductions, I apologize for the late reply.

That sounds very strange that it keeps asking for a permissions even if you have allowed the contacts application all the available permissions. Could you try clearing data for the Contacts application and you should be asked to give the permissions again once you want to create a contact. You can do so in Settings > Apps & notifications > App-info > Contacts > Storage > Clear data.

This will not delete any saved contacts.

edit: I saw that you are running Android 7, so to clear data, go to Settings > Apps > Contacts > Storage > Clear data.

Let us know how it goes!

jpproductions
Visitor

thank you for the reply. I have just tried, however, it still not working. After clearing the cache, when I clicked on contacts, it shows the permission windows, where I allow all, however, after that, it still shows you have disabled a required permission.

Any other suggestions?

It is really annoying since I can't add contacts from my phone now

thank you

Jonas
Master

Hi again!

That sounds very strange, however you wrote that you cleared cache for the application, did you try clearing data as well?

If you have done that and you experience the same behaviour, could you try restarting the device in safe mode and see if there is any change regarding the permissions? Just so we can make sure that no downloaded application is interfering with this as they will be temporarily inactivated in this mode.