Join now - be part of our community!

software update

Sarah38
Visitor

software update

Can someone tell me why I repeatedly get the notification to update to the newest software when I have already done so?

3 REPLIES 3
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Sarah38, Let me see if i can be of any help here!

If you have more than one update to install until you are the latest available version, you will get a new notification after each update saying that there is a new update available. This might happen if you have bought an Xperia phone that is not a completely new model. 

If you have more than one update pending, you can either install the the software updates one by one, and restart your device after every update, or you can perform a software repair using Xperia Companion and your device will get the latest update at once. Please note though that a software repair will erase all user data, so make sure to do a backup of your phone before proceeding with the repair.

I hope this answered your question. Please get back to me if I have misinterpreted your question or if you need more assistance. Slightly_smiling_Face

Nasrang
Visitor

Tried to update software via OTA but it's said that Couldn't Install Software Update. Please try again. I try XC but it's same (failed). G3221 Nougat

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Nasrang, let me see if I can help out here.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you can always try to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion and your device will get the latest update at once. Please note though that a software repair will erase all user data, so make sure to do a backup of your phone before proceeding with the repair.

Let me know if that helped!