Join now - be part of our community!

Sony photo album widget

Rty50n
Visitor

Sony photo album widget

I have just changed from a M4 Aqua to a XA1 and found that the Sony photo album widget isn't available and I can't add a shortcut either? Is this an error with the Nougat operating system or have Sony removed it? I'd like to know as I really liked the photos being on my home screen.

42 REPLIES 42
Iscariah
Visitor

Same here with my recently bought XA2... I've been using this widget for AGES on Xperia X10, Arc S, Z1, Z2, X... And now it's gone??? Come on Sony!

ze77y
Visitor

The widget was the best of their preinstalled stuff, not only it was quick access to your actual/latest images, it also helped to keep track of stuff saved on your phone and was superconvenient to have some notes or ticket QR code always open just because they were in the middle portion of the image.

So, is there a viable alternative? A quick search didn't reveal any.. Just freakin slideshow galore.

jealro30
Visitor

Alguno de ustedes conoce un widget similar o ya hay forma de usar el anterior witget de fotos?

Gracias y saludos a todos.

Do any of you know a similar widget or is there a way to use the previous photo witget?

Thanks and greetings to all.

gt