Join now - be part of our community!

XA1 Charging Problems

SOLVED
MB1007
Visitor

XA1 Charging Problems

I have had a XA1 for around 4 months now, the past week I have had problems charging it, everytime I plug the charger in it wont connect, to begin with I thought it was a problem with the cable, so I bought a new sony cable, but it's still doing it.  I can eventually get it to connect and charge, but it keeps cutting out.

Has anyone else had this problem, what can I do to fix it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

Hi @MB1007, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Because this is happening with multiple cables I recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange a repair assessment.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
CameronT
Champion

Hi @MB1007, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Because this is happening with multiple cables I recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange a repair assessment.

RC76
Visitor

Wish i'd never got one of these phones now! I've just started getting an issue with charging the phone. Must be a software thing as the only way I can get it to charge again is if I do a reset (hold power and up on vol for 6 seconds). After the reset it will charge for a few times before the problem re occurs. Anybody have any suggestions ? Thanks.

Dhrubad
Visitor

I have the same problem with my XA1. Moving the connector helps after carefully ensuring the position, but any little movement turns the charging off.

katharma
Visitor

I also have the same problem with charging the phone.

It's about 10 days it does not charge even if I connect the charger for 24 hours. 

Sometimes it charges till 20% and that's it. Bought it 9 months ago. 

NicB
Visitor

God this is rubbish. I'm having the same problem. Started not charging properly at around 9-10 months and has got progressively worse and it's become so bad I can't charge it at all. It's the end that goes into the phone. This is poor for a phone I paid over €300 for less than a year ago. I went into Carphone Warehouse expecting them to replace the charger free of charge but they said no, they don't cover chargers under the warranty. What good is a new phone that doesn't charge. I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated. Is Sony doing anything about it? Can you believe I purposely didn't buy a new iPhone because I had huge problems with that battery so I tried Sony thinking it would be so much better but now I have a different charging problem with the same result: a dysfunctional phone. I hate modern technology at times! 

Debss
Visitor

I have got the exact same problem. I only got this phone at the end of Jan and the charger barely works. I've tried several chargers and they're all the same result.

PELEPDELD
Visitor

Oh wow, contact local support, thats good solution. How come that I haven't the same idea?

By the looks of it - you Sony guys planned that after approx. a year of use the charger (yes guys it's the charger, not the cable) will degrade. And there is not one screw on it to open it and fix the contacts or whatever, so I have now to dig up some indian pioneers with their HELLO IMA JAMAL GOODE DAI TO YU videos to look up how in the it opens.

Thank you very much, Sony, for great advice to contact my local support.

Get this story known, guys, people should know.

Ckaymail
Visitor

I'd like to know what the outcome of contacting your loacal support team was? Is it worth the effort? Did they fix the problem for you? I'm also having this problem and I've only had the phone around 6 months. It's my first Sony and i'm not likely to buy another after this.

meakida
Visitor

No luck with call to Sony. Solved problem by buying a new cable to connect from phone to  car USB port. I purchased 2 decent quality cables, one worked, other did not. As matter of interest the cable Sony supplied with phone did work in another vehicle. Have been told that some cars have a reduced power USB socket, hence you then need a "quality" USB cable. Maybe true, I do not know but I am now up and running.

Good luck with yours.