Join now - be part of our community!

XA1 Charging Problems

SOLVED
MB1007
Visitor

XA1 Charging Problems

I have had a XA1 for around 4 months now, the past week I have had problems charging it, everytime I plug the charger in it wont connect, to begin with I thought it was a problem with the cable, so I bought a new sony cable, but it's still doing it.  I can eventually get it to connect and charge, but it keeps cutting out.

Has anyone else had this problem, what can I do to fix it.

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Miss_Metal
Visitor

I bought this phone albeit secondhand because I needed a new phone and after doing research, I really liked what this phone had to offer. I am really disappointed with it as problems with charging arose just days after. I tried different chargers but always the same probs. I did a bit of reading up and discovered that there is a known problem with the charging port on this phone failing. I shopped around and to repair it cost in region of £30 - £40. I contacted seller and long story short, he paid a big chunk towards it. I got it repaired but ever since, I have been so extra careful when connecting it up, that it borders on ridiculous! As careful as I have been, it's having problems again so am guessing that once again the port is on it's way out! I'm really annoyed about this as they are usually very robust and I've never had problems in all the years I've had phones. Really don't want to fork out money again for more repairs so I may just try a different phone.
My advice is, steer clear of this phone and change it now if it's possible. A great phone but this severely lets it down.

im_phil
Visitor

Man i used to look up to sony and that's why i bought their phone cause the specifications are great, and it lived upto satisfaction for the first two month then the sides of the screen started to be unable to detect touch and then about a month ago there were problem with the charging port, it is able to charge at specific positions only but even the slighests of movement disconnet the charging.Now I'm regretting the decision i made to buying this phone Xa1 cause it's full of problems and it makes me sad because the company i love even as a little kid has failed me miserably. 

Tags (1)
razzorbladz
Visitor

if you are here it is most likley the junk micro USB port of your phone has burnt out it is east to replace but it is a design flaw so it will happen again I am currently about to replace mine for the second time.these phones burn out the contacts in your micro usb socket and your usb cable the main reason for this in my opinion is the garbage battery is so small you will be charging your phone way too often the phone it self would be a good phone if this issue was fixed but mu advice is replace the port and sell/trade in the phone or bulk buy the board the micro usb comes on because mine only lasted 3 months after replacing as the chinese replacements found online are lesser quality them the OEM.

the back case is heated to soften the double sided tape that holds it on and pried up with a creddit card or butter knife and then there are a few micro philips head screws to undo and some connectors and tape.

you don't need instruction's to do this job it's pretty basic but should be a return/refund as it is a fault with the phone not the "we don't cover wear and tare" they use to get them off the hook.

also there are bigger capacity batteries that will fit in this phone that may help extend it life and thuss require less charging and give you longer life out of the charging port.

dear sony this is a 1 star out of 10 phone

Willo106
Visitor

I am trying to charge my phone the charging light is going on and off at the moment the phone has charged to 70 percent I don't think it will charge any more so annoying 

Gig-61
Visitor

My thoughts exactly. It's all about the money. I'm so pissed off!