Join now - be part of our community!

XA2/L3/android 9 ringtone issues...

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

XA2/L3/android 9 ringtone issues...

XA2 devices and latest upgrades of 9, randomly muted ringtones, skipping important calls. Same for other devices like L3. It's a software issue that request restarting the phone (sometimes working with third party apps like Ringtone Setter from Google Play Store - but inexperienced people are frustrated using this option) frequently enough to be embarrassing for such amazing overall quality. Please solve it with an upgrade, people of who I recommend Xperia XA2/L devices are unhappy because of this.

Thank you!

Alex

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

hi @AlexandruRai,

you might want to consider performing a software repair using Xperia Companion in order to check if you get the ringtones working properly that way.

here's a guide for performing a software repair: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets-mobile-phones/xperia-5/articles/SX6...

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Please don't give me crap replies! I know how to repair, flash and root xperia devices. Over 10 years of using Sony phones and over 20 devices (see now Sony why you were such a lame to not merge my old profile, take that now with individuals who don't know about my history - infinite TY's for that). The warranty updated factory firmwares for the devices mentioned below are having issues and needs fixing! XA2 models with android 8 were perfect, same devices now are having this issue. L3/dual is in the same situation!

Please Sony test your devices then release their firmwares - fix these!

Thank you!

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

you haven't mentioned any steps that you've tried before, so I offered a basic troubleshooting step. you also still haven't said if you've actually tried performing the software repair.

now, are you using a custom ringtone or one of the preloaded ones? does it only happen with phone calls or some other notifications as well?

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

I mentioned things concluding that I have done factory reset and Pc Companion software repair (both of them in the case of the ones who didn't want losing their warranty) and also about third party apps (Ringtone Setter - in your place - wanting to help, I would search for curiosity to see if it's a bs or not) for preloaded ringtones (this issue it's about one year and merging was Zero). It isn't my english good or what? Nothing worked, after a while apps like Facebook, Youtube, Instagram are screwing preloaded ringtones (the factory ones I never used ever all this time). All my alarm, notification and ringtones were preloaded and modified only by third party apps in Windows or Android and everything was ok until deepsh@@ android 9 (now 10 also) and it's another issue of blocking call recordings screw it up (and yes I use call recording but not installed in all devices with the ringtone issue, take note in my older that 2019 devices/firmwares upgrades everything was perfect). Sony please think also about letting people recording calls and do your own call recording app. We are in 2020 and have these kind of limitations?!

Thank you!

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

I think there's some miscommunication. by "preloaded ringtones", I meant the default ones that come with the device. if I understand correctly, you're using your own custom sounds for all ringtones and notifications, then?

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Of course it's about customized ringtones. Pre-load not the pre-set... English...?

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

sorry for the misunderstanding, I used "preloaded" in the same sense it's being used in the phrase "preloaded software", i.e. programs that are already installed on your computer/phone when you buy it.

since you're using your own files for ringtone and notification sounds, where are you storing them - in the phone's internal memory or on the SD card?

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Of course in the device. In android 8 (other devices never upgraded to 9 like Z3 tablet, M5, Z5 Xc, X performance, Xa1 dual and more) even in internal or external storage this issue of muted ringtone (restart of the device) was never met. I know how to setup my Xperias. There are simple, quality and performance. This issue of XA2/L3/android 9 devices is unbelievable. I flashed Xa2 ultra dual a few weeks ago to an older version of android 8 and it was ok. 9 have problems or some kind of Google Play upgrades. It happens almost randomly. 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

you probably already do that, but just in order to double check: you use the default Ringtones folder on the internal storage, right? because sometimes using some other folder can cause some trouble.

also, if I understood you correctly,

the ringtones sometimes don't work properly when you set them from the phone's settings, but the Ringtone Setter app you've mentioned makes them work properly again?