Join now - be part of our community!

XA2/L3/android 9 ringtone issues...

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

XA2/L3/android 9 ringtone issues...

XA2 devices and latest upgrades of 9, randomly muted ringtones, skipping important calls. Same for other devices like L3. It's a software issue that request restarting the phone (sometimes working with third party apps like Ringtone Setter from Google Play Store - but inexperienced people are frustrated using this option) frequently enough to be embarrassing for such amazing overall quality. Please solve it with an upgrade, people of who I recommend Xperia XA2/L devices are unhappy because of this.

Thank you!

Alex

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Both apps are not good at setting external music files with this issue. Only working is the factory app with the pre-set Xperia ringtone. Otherwise no other ringtone will work until it's restarted. Exception is Ringtone Setter from Play. Sometimes it does a better job overall.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

So with all due respect to your credentials from the past mr. Alex.

What you basically want to express is that there is an issue with ringtones on some devices like XA2 and L3?

Correct me if I am wrong because I want to escalate this issue.

When you reply please keep to the subject without mixing it with your feelings.

The other issue you mentioned about call recordings:

another issue of blocking call recordings screw it up (and yes I use call recording but not installed in all devices with the ringtone issue, take note in my older that 2019 devices/firmwares upgrades everything was perfect). Sony please think also about letting people recording calls and do your own call recording app. We are in 2020 and have these kind of limitations?!

The possibility of call recordings has been discontinued starting with the release of Android 9.

There are legal reasons for it. Some countries prohibit it, others request consent prior to recording.

So Google decided to block the possibility.

There are rumors that Google will re-introduce call recording.

From Android Central:

• The call recording functionality of the Google Phone app has been enabled in one of the beta builds.
  • Users will be able to transcribe recordings, converting them to text for note-taking and data retention purposes.
  • The app will also notify both parties once the recording has begun to avoid legal contentions..

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Have you ever tried Xa2 model with android 9 or L3 for a week and see for yourself what I am talking about (even about third party app Ringtone Setter) or you are using ultra expensive crap S20 as personal and you are working for Sony? Something is rotten here, don’t take me personal, please. No Xperia devices used by me until these devices/upgrades had randomly muted ringtones without a certain reason. Problems were mentioned about a year ago. My data was never merged and now you come here to try to help and your English is way up un on the mountain making me repeat again and again. How many more messages are needed in regard of these issues?

So with the same due to respect to your good intentions to help, for the last time:

1. Friends that took my advice to buy Xperia Xa2 models and L3 models that I can’t fix myself all the time the ringtone issues and have no idea what is a smartphone in their hands complaining to me that look what stupid device I recommend to them some other didn’t do that other friends have (this problem is sent about one year - never merged account, and complaints are still about the problems do exist, details were mentioned/confirmed in my previous messages). All of my tries to help them were useless because I use devices rooted/flashed on Android 8 at most and I cannot flash them to while in the period of warranty. Upgrades of 9 brought these issues. Models from XA2 family and L3.
  2. The issue of call recorder was fixed in my case of rooting/flashing with Android 8 all my devices, but if I will want to recommend (I am a die-hard fan of Xperia) to someone else having call recorder what shall I do? Android 9 and 10 are for now blocked. “Take a Samsung expensive crap dude?” As far as I know Samsung did a personalized call recorder for its devices. So Sony isn’t able to do that before Google crap will decide to ‘vaccine all their devices’? It’s not a must have but people with professional interests are eager for this option, including friends with 1 and 5 models.

Without these issues everything is fine. Fingerprints issues were solved. Some camera software were solved. Ghost touch. And now with this ‘merging’ hope things will greatly improve.

In conclusion, take one of these devices XA2 single/dual/ultra or L3 single/dual, upgrade it to latest version and use it as your own and see for yourself what app from latest upgrades of android 9 are making this random undesired happens. I can’t take their devices at home and test them making me look idiot because I don’t know how to fix by some third party app, more that to flash or root.

I await a simple (by some app why not) fixing for my friends that are still using Xperia.

Thank you so much.   

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

just to make a few things clear, both Strampke and I are using Xperia phones, and neither of us is a Sony employee (for that, you can contact your local support at https://campaign.odw.sony-europe.com/support/index.html). we volunteer to help troubleshoot other people's issues with their devices in our free time.

I'm still looking into what could possibly causing the ringtones to misbehave on your device, by the way.

profile.country.RO.title
AlexandruRai
Contributor

Why in the world would you give advice when you don't have an Xperia device?! Sony should be responsible for this! I could ask for a stranger then for what should I do isn't it? I post important matters that after hundreds of tests nothing works (not first time see you, oh push the on/off button, let's socialize!). What are you doing here? You better see for yourself what crap you said and asked all this time in this thread, if you have no idea what Xperia means... 

Sony do something true and real for your users (if not die hard fans), please!

Thank you!