Join now - be part of our community!

XA2 Ultra Vibrate stopped working

Xperia26Mvp
Visitor

XA2 Ultra Vibrate stopped working

Hi Guys,

I own a Xa2 Ultra.

The vibrate function just stopped working recently.

I checked that the " Also vibrate for call's" is on and Vibrate on Tap is on.

The Fingerprint scanner use to vibrate when i touched it, now it doesn't.

It use to vibrate when i typed now it doesn't, even when the ring vollume is off completley off it doesnt vibrate.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Jonas
Master

Hi @Xperia26Mvp, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Do you remember if you started to experience this after install a new update or a new application? Since you mentioned that it stopped working very recently.

Have you tried the vibration in the inbuilt test in the device? If you haven't done that, please do so.

You can find the test in Settings > Support > Tests > Vibration.

If the test fails, restart your device in safe mode and do the test again when downloaded applications aren't loaded, as they are temporarily disabled in this mode.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

Xperia26Mvp
Visitor

Hi Jonas 

Thank you very much for your response.

It happen after the last update but if im being honest, i cant say if thats the cause or not.

I have tried the vibration test in normal mode and safe mode as suggested in your comment to no avail.

If i may ask, would it work if i did a factory reset on this device?

I use my fingerprint scanner to open just about all my important apps, and usually i am able to feel the vibration when pressing my finger on the scanner and now i cant.

Also i am unable to connect my Xa2 Ultra to my PS3 utilizing the supplied usb cable, is this normal?

Thanks again Jonas.

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Xperia26Mvp and thank you for the excellent information.

I'm sorry to hear that it's still not working. Slightly_frowning_Face

If it occurred after an update, a software repair using Xperia Companion is a better choice, as this will reinstall the latest available update compared to a factory reset that will just delete personal data, such as applications.

Do note that the software repair will also delete all data stored on the internal storage, so it's important that you create a backup using the same program.

Are you trying to connect the PS3 controller to your device, or the actual device to your PS3? The only thing that we have regarding that is Remote play, but that only works on Playstation 4 and the Xperia XA2 does not support this feature.

Keep me posted!

Memo14
Visitor

Surely I'm not joking, I had this problem during one month but suddenly in bathroom my mobile dropped in the floor then the vibrate back working well, so I think it hardware issue

Xperia26Mvp
Visitor

Hey Memo14

Its been a few months now and my vibrate function still does not work, i have tried to factory rest the phone to no avail.

If it does happen to fall and the issue is repaird with no other damage then that will be great.

But other then that im glad your vibrate function is working again.

Thanks

Jonas
Master

Hi @Memo14, I'm glad to hear that the vibration is working for you again and it almost sound like it was somehow stuck in your device and the fall put it back in place. I hope that there was no to the device due to fall!

Hi again @Xperia26Mvp and sorry to hear that the troubleshooting didn't help. Slightly_frowning_Face

As you have already reset the device back to the factory settings, I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you, as the device will need to be examined by a trained technician at an authorized service centre.

Feel free to keep me posted!

Xperia26Mvp
Visitor

Hey Jonas 

Thanks for your response man.

Clicked on your link for local support and sent a request for them to contact me regarding this issue.

I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Keep well Brov.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Xperia26Mvp, you're very welcome and I hope that you have received more information now on how to proceed with having the device sent in!

Have a great day!

Shewnil912
Visitor

Hi, am getting an issue from my Xperia XA2 ultra 6" DS. Vibrate is not working at all. Please help ..

Thanking you

Faithfully yours

Shewnil912