Join now - be part of our community!

No nfc icon showing up in notification while enabled

SOLVED
nacionmclen
Visitor

No nfc icon showing up in notification while enabled

Anyone did notice that? I tried to reset my xz but still not showing up. Compare to my m5 it showing same os mm. It is a bag? Only the blutooh icon they appear
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christofer
Champion

Hi @nacionmclen,

Just to confirm what @uliwooly and @alexdon already pointed out, this can vary depending on which market the phone is meant for. Some countries and/or operators requires that the NFC symbol is shown in the status bar while some don't.

I had a look at the IMEI numbers for the devices that you have registered on your account. Your Xperia M5 is meant to be sold in Singapore while your new Xperia XZ is meant for the United Arab Emirates so there is most likely different requirements for these two countries.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Enjoy your new Xperia XZ! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

That's normal. 

nacionmclen
Visitor

Why in my m5 its showing the nfc icon, while in xz not showing up. Hmmm
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
Christofer
Champion

Hi @nacionmclen,

Just to confirm what @uliwooly and @alexdon already pointed out, this can vary depending on which market the phone is meant for. Some countries and/or operators requires that the NFC symbol is shown in the status bar while some don't.

I had a look at the IMEI numbers for the devices that you have registered on your account. Your Xperia M5 is meant to be sold in Singapore while your new Xperia XZ is meant for the United Arab Emirates so there is most likely different requirements for these two countries.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Enjoy your new Xperia XZ! Slightly_smiling_Face

nacionmclen
Visitor

Nice thanks for the very clear answer now i know. 😊
Christofer
Champion

You're welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face