Join now - be part of our community!

Loves and hates but Camera issues!!

Buzzchris
Visitor

Loves and hates but Camera issues!!

So I've had my Xperia since 4th Oct and I'm on the verge of sending it back 😞😞

I love the size....shape.....form factor.....screen.....stereo speakers.....battery life (the phone needs time to learn your habits)

I'm not loving the poor signal I get from the handset....if I'm driving or on a train I'm hard to get good signal to stay connected. It like everyone around me is fine but I'm the odd one out in a group of people.....I can't google something or find directions when I need to.

SONY!!!! You need to blow the other phone makers out the water with your camera tech within Sony......you could do far better....let us have multiple options/settings

the camera lags......slow to save images.......freezes and hangs and now I'm getting black banding on my photos. I've not had it a month yet!!B1E967BC-B6A9-499D-B12B-D441930DA160.jpeg7335D59F-CCD4-4905-ACDF-9378EBF8A720.jpeg

33 REPLIES 33
rmark1104
Visitor

I completely agree with your comment and the sad part is I can't return my product.  

The camera is annoyingly laggy even compared to my old iPhone 7 plus which the Xperia replaced.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

The camera does have a manual mode, with all the settings.

The banding issue, is that not down to the lighting, like poor quality led or florescent lighting.?

Buzzchris
Visitor

• The banding issue is like flickering on a screen....they travel up and down the picture. I did try to upload the examples. Black bands at the bottom then middle and then top, never the same point or location.

Auto mode doesn't have HDR option.....option to change saturation in auto? Quick settings!!  Sometimes you miss the shot when manual,  having to fiddle with the settings. All my night/ dark pictures only come out decent if in manual......auto has no hope of catching it.

What you definitely take/see on screen is never as saved the same. I'm guessing the processing it taking place before it's saved. Ive missed  A LOT of  pictures or moments when the camera froze or hangs while saving the image.

Jonyny
Visitor

Buzzchris

do you get the same kind og banding when you take photos outside in daylight?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Does the 55.0.A.11.25 software update clear up the banding?

Buzzchris
Visitor

So I'm on the latest firmware....55.0.A.11.25 so not sure if the older version had the problem. I'd literally only had the phone a few days and it set up, it updated automatically.

The banding did happen in daylight over a week ago, I just thought I took a bad photo and deleted it.

I seem to take more pictures in manual mode to get a decent picture. People have camera phones for ease to catch the moment. I have to get my phone out go through the manual settings and take the picture.......oh I missed it 😞 !!......... And it's still saving the crap picture I took while getting a pint!!

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

To be honest @Buzzchris , for making photographs I would use a decent DSLR camera, for pictures a smartphone.

Ever since my first Sony smartphone Xperia T, I am amazed of the picture quality. I mean pictures.

The nice thing abot smartphones is that one has them at hand, always.

Point and shoot.

Always handy, always helpfull.

Do you use Lense a lot?

Buzzchris
Visitor

All my pictures are using a phone. I ditched my DSLR.....so many more editing options on a phone....or using a app on the device. Not having to use a laptop to do it. Makes it much easier and quicker to upload....share....send!

Phones will continue to get better and the cameras on them too. Sony could do so much with a "camera phone" how in 2019 you have a lens with 3200iso when the competition have beyond 100000iso. 

4 days left of my return policy .......I'm struggling to find a reason to keep it. I don't want to carry a phone and camera around. I want 1 device the fits in my pocket and this one was on the verge of it!! Phones are getting far to big.....even the Xperia 1

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Black bands flickering  on images are 100% the fact you're in a room with fluorescent lighting.

The lighting flickers at 50hz and your camera is picking up the lighting difference during the phase.

And every phone, camera, video recorder on earth does it.

Google florescent lighting beat effect to learn more