Join now - be part of our community!

Loves and hates but Camera issues!!

Buzzchris
Visitor

Loves and hates but Camera issues!!

So I've had my Xperia since 4th Oct and I'm on the verge of sending it back 😞😞

I love the size....shape.....form factor.....screen.....stereo speakers.....battery life (the phone needs time to learn your habits)

I'm not loving the poor signal I get from the handset....if I'm driving or on a train I'm hard to get good signal to stay connected. It like everyone around me is fine but I'm the odd one out in a group of people.....I can't google something or find directions when I need to.

SONY!!!! You need to blow the other phone makers out the water with your camera tech within Sony......you could do far better....let us have multiple options/settings

the camera lags......slow to save images.......freezes and hangs and now I'm getting black banding on my photos. I've not had it a month yet!!B1E967BC-B6A9-499D-B12B-D441930DA160.jpeg7335D59F-CCD4-4905-ACDF-9378EBF8A720.jpeg

33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

The camera does have a manual mode, with all the settings.

The banding issue, is that not down to the lighting, like poor quality led or florescent lighting.?

Yes it is.

Buzzchris
Visitor

I can't agree with that....never happened before on a long list of phones I've had ....the actual restaurant was candle lit and no electrical lighting.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Well the photo says otherwise, IMO.

And fully candle lit, I doubt it, it would seem there was a sub par lighting system in action.

HereForTheXperi
Visitor

And...? Cameras are supposed to counteract this banding effect with software. That's what they're designed to do.

Buzzchris
Visitor

Exactly!!!....never had other camera phones do that.....I wouldn't expect it from a company with so much imaging experience!!

cycad
Visitor

Today I encountered the camera app error where I kept reopening till it works again. In between, I've lost some shots. Kind of frustrated. Photo saving after some shots were getting slower and slower till the app hang up. Restarted the phone. Xperia 5 is my 3rd Sony phone after the XA1 and XZ1 compact. It seems like the camera core software is still status quo. Competition is far ahead in this department and the Xperia's app is still mediocre. Why is there no HDR in auto mode? Not smart enough? Why is the focal length arrangement so user unfriendly? 1x, 2x then wide? Why can't you be like the rest which is intuitive from wide, 1x then 2x? And why can't I tap left of right to switch immediately instead of tapping 3x if I want to start with wide? Just are only some of the issues I highlighted. I can go on all day.  Is the Alpha team really working with Sony mobile? Or it's just to use the name for better sales? 

MmZs
Visitor

I've got the same problem with camra!

Very unknowing lags during taking photo in aouto mode!

Lucius_Xperia5
Visitor

I wish I saw this sooner , and could tell you guys that , the problem you guys are having might be due to your SD card writing speed.

If you guys are saving your photos to your SD card , the writing speed of your SD card will play a sigificant role on the speed your picture will be saved.

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

I agree 100%

CONTROL TEST, High brightness LED  and UV reactive Lighting

No problems (Xperia 1) of self scratch built wc computer inside a coffee table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waRkTg1NP_U 

Another video  on my Sony fan channel: LOTS of types of lighting, if you bare with the video to the shop called NEXT notice the flicker and yet some other lighting that is not the case?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJrheASTBwo&t=260s

Sony XZ3 SCAN RATE with certain types of lighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9fzqPip-3w&t=6s

This is also a good test, this is my trip when i was on DUBAI to visit wife: notice the AL RASHID SHOP sign is flickering but the one next to it is not? @ 0 mins 20 seconds and RwandAIR at 1:15

Another walk around Dubai, mostly clear FLICKER from 1:23 to 1:54: If there were an issue with the phone that it would have the smae issue on all types of lighting.

But higher quality lighting in the mall of dubai and this is the ULTIMATE test as there are many differing lights here, not one flicker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUmUetTRucQ&t=5s

Proof that the Sony support guy (Viridis)is indeed correct. Incidently my friend has a Google PIXEL 3and 3a he said he has the same issue with certain types of lighting. I also had hte samer thing on the XZ Premium and the Z5 Premium, as well as my daughter's Sony XA2. This indeed NOT the fault of the phone but the LOW scan rate of the lighting is SLOWER than the scan rate of the phone or something,

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King