Join now - be part of our community!

Problems opening instagram grid posts with Xperia 5 II

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
melconwa
New

Problems opening instagram grid posts with Xperia 5 II

I have just moved from a XZ2 compact to a series 5 II and am unable to open instagram posts from the grids in the new handset. We have two 5 II handsets in our house, and neither will allow posts to open (the image is highlighted whilst pressed, but you can't see the other photos or text in the post). Instagram is running properly on our two old xperia models (xz2 and another ) and the software is identical on both (android 10, same version of instagram, same phone settings and same wifi)

Therefore, I can't help but think it's to do with the handset or camera clashing with the instagram app. I have followed all the advise re force stop, turn off stamina, clear cache, delete and reinstall, restart phone - but no result. I CAN access the grid posts on this handset if I go through the main browser (chrome) but this is not a great option.

Has anyone else come across this? I'm close to returning the handset for another brand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
melconwa
New

I have now solved this problem ( but am really surprised that no-one has replied and Sony customer services have been unable to answer!)

To rectify, turn off triple tap magnification in the accessibility tab in settings. This is set to on as a default in the handset.

I'm really not impressed that there is no awareness of this. The handset was boxed ready to return when a determined geek trawled every setting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
melconwa
New

I have now solved this problem ( but am really surprised that no-one has replied and Sony customer services have been unable to answer!)

To rectify, turn off triple tap magnification in the accessibility tab in settings. This is set to on as a default in the handset.

I'm really not impressed that there is no awareness of this. The handset was boxed ready to return when a determined geek trawled every setting!

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, mostly when someone says issue, it's dealt with as an error, which is why basic software or app troubleshooting is what would be suggested online and from support, whenever I had a generic issue like a apps closing or freezing or display discolouration, such solutions is the usual go to. But thanks for sharing this info with the public.

profile.country.GB.title
melconwa
New

I don't understand your reply? I don't think I said issue, but I can't tell the difference between an issue, a problem and an error!

Of interest, triple tap magnification doesn't interfere with Instagram on my Xperia XZ2. The fact that it does on two separate 5 II handsets might help locate the source of the problem?

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

some features and settings change from one model to another and from one Android version to another, app versions could also take part, the interference could've been an error in code, which was gone after disabling the feature, it's an issue/error when a device or software is supposed to do smth and doesn't, or does smth it shouldn't. I meant this is how generic technicians would see an issue if complained to, which is why it would sometimes only take that determined geek to resolve.

Empunt
New

Thanks for helping me, I had the same issue (also with Pinterest)  but it's solved now by turning off triple tap! Thanks 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

profile.country.GB.title
melconwa
New

Hopefully they'll update the software!!