Join now - be part of our community!

43XD8305 Opinions

Ev1ldead72
Explorer

43XD8305 Opinions

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing the SONY BRAVIA KD43XD8305BU , does anyone have this tv who could offer some opinions on it, I've looked on google but can't find any reviews, I'm basically looking for a 43 inch tv that's good for HDR gaming for use with PS4 pro and Xbox one s  , can you use game mode and HDR together and how is the input lag? Is it an IPS or VA panel ? and have the issues with the juddering with sky q now been fixed ? 

Any advice would be much appreciated 🙂

Regards Nat

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor
Ev1ldead72
Explorer

Brilliant 🙂 many thanks .

Ev1ldead72
Explorer

Ok my thoughts on the 43XD8305 after the short time I have spent with it,( bear in mind I'm not a tv guru )  after doing basic calibration the picture quality is very nice , though I think I will get it professionally calibrated just to make sure I'm getting the best picture possible, I haven't noticed any back light bleed so I must have a good panel , the motion is very good ..on the Samsung ks7500 I returned, I kept noticing a juddering especially on certain programs on ITV...I haven't noticed any so far with the Sony and also no judder whilst watching sky q in UHD 10 bit.

gaming seems very nice with low input lag, even playing GOW4 and forza horizon 3 in HDR it felt smooth and perfectly playable...obviously the HDR effect wasn't quite as impressive as on the Samsung due to the 1000 nits  that tv has , though both games looked very nice. ( do you need to put contrast up to max on the Sony in HDR ? as that's what you needed to do on the ks7500 if anyone has any HDR settings that would be great )

Viewing 4K videos on YouTube the picture is absolutely stunning and the Martian on sky q in uhd looked suitably impressive.

Aesthetically I think the Samsung had the edge but that could be because it was curved and looked more sleek, I haven't been able to get the ir blaster working with sky q and YouTube seems more basic than on other TVs , but overall I'm impressed with the Sony and would recommend it for anyone looking for a good 43 inch 🙂

spater1975
Explorer

I have had my 43XD8305 for 2 weeks now and am broadly happy with it apart from the Colour Settings - I think there is a software bug here as when I change the colour setting (e.g. to 43), come out of settings then change channel, the screen colour then changes to a HIGHER colour resolution (even though colour setting is still showing as 43); a good 10% more vibrant colour than I had wanted. Hence I have to artificially LOWER my colour setting as I know the TV will correct it higher. Very odd 

Anyone else have this issue?

Also I think the red colour is over represented generally in all picture settings - I've spent oodles of time playing with the settings (reducing colour, reducing the red colour temperature setting, increasing live colour/ lowering colour) but cant't get it quite right, yet

markeebl
Explorer

I'm happy with tv apart from not being told when I purchased tv that I can not receive the 10 bit Sky ultra Hd transmission which is the best quality picture. I can only get the 8 bit ultra high definition which is as good as normal HD . I'm paying sky extra for the UHD but am not getting it . I was told by Sky that it is only Sony tv's that need an update to receive 10 bit but neither sky or Sony know when the update will happen.  The tv looks good and I'm overall happy with the sound and picture but feel like I'm missing out by not getting the 10 bit 4K picture.

Ev1ldead72
Explorer

Hi,

I'm having no problems running sky q in 10 bit mode, what hdmi input are you using ? Only HDMI 2 and 3,are for UHD , also check in the settings that you have extended colour on , I'm not in front of the TV at the moment but I'm sure the option is in the settings maybe under the hdmi.

Kind Regards Nat.

profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

It's a good TV but I'm constantly frustrated by a few basics that it can't do - connect headphones via Bluetooth or connect a webcam for example. This is a top flight TV so I'm a bit peeved tbh. 

markeebl
Explorer

Thanks I tried hdmi 2 and can now get 10 bit uhd.
As the tv is a 4K tv it would be a good idea to have that hdmi input labelled as uhdmi.
Thanks for your help the picture is a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone
Cbrown13
Explorer

That's odd as I'm able to get 4k 10bit on my tv , I'm guessing you've turned the hdmi to advanced in the tv settings ? 

Ev1ldead72
Explorer

You're welcome , glad I could be of help and it's now working 🙂

I agree it should be a little clearer which HDMI inputs to use, I'm at bit peeved it only has two as I need an extra one  with the PS4 pro coming out next week.