Join now - be part of our community!

49 XF9005 Horizontal lines

profile.country.GR.title
Thodoris74
Explorer

49 XF9005 Horizontal lines

I've recently bought a 49 inch XF9005 and I've noticed faint horizontal lines extending to both edges of the screen whenever there are white or bright menu lines on single colored backgrounds (like on PS4 setting screens or PC windows). These lines are only horizontal, never vertical or diagonal and are of the same thickness as the original menu line, only much fainter. They also move should the menu's position change and can appear anywhere on the panel. (I've tried different hdmi cables, different inputs, even jpgs on USB sticks)

I've attached a photo that I've photoshoped to showcase the problem. 

Horizontal Lines 2.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GR.title
Thodoris74
Explorer

Thank you hitta_jonte, I was going mad thinking I’m the only one seeing this, even if you saw it on another model tv! 

I think RTINGS are wrong and it’s not part of the ps4 interface because I’ve hooked up my ps4 on 3 other TVs and a dell monitor and didn’t once see these lines. Also i see the lines on my Sony TV even on its own menus or on the windows desktop when I hook up my pc to my tv. 

profile.country.SE.title
hitta_jonte
Explorer

Can it have to do with brightness or contrast? I have very low on both becuase i like it that way? I have good eyes and i should probably see the lines if i had it. 

profile.country.GR.title
Thodoris74
Explorer

I tried various settings including brightness and contrast but nothing changed.