Join now - be part of our community!

55XE9005 and HDR

profile.country.GB.title
fredwerk

55XE9005 and HDR

Hi,

So I have a 55XE9005 TV (4K and HDR) and I am wondering how to test if HDR is working? Does it have YouTube HDR app in the Android TV system (and yes I have updated everything)? I tried on of the HDR videos in the HDR channel and it doesn't seem to show in HDR. How do I know when the TV kicks in HDR mode?

Thanks,

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.GB.title
fredwerk

Cheers mate, I actually already seen this video and many others.

Now, based on several videos in regards to Picture Setting and understanding HDR and how it works, I managed to have a specific setting for SDR but when I activate HDR, the TV changes a few settings from SDR (as expected). I tweaked the HDR settings to my liking but when I go back in SDR, not only it removes the HDR settings (as expected) but it doesn’t put back the SDR settings I originally done. It kept the HDR tweaks (that’s not good because those tweaks are specific to HDR and don’t look great for SDR).

Is this normal?

profile.country.GB.title
Martin.Swider
Explorer

Hi, I'm just about to buy the same TV you have and I'd like to use external USB hard drive. You have mentioned that you managed to connect one to the TV, what kind of extHDD is it? Is it SONY or something else, I'd like to by Western Digital 2TB so I hope it would work with it. 

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
fredwerk

Hi,

It should work fine with any external HD and you can format it via the TV settings.

I’m using Western Digital and Toshiba external HD’s of various sizes and all work fine.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
profile.country.GB.title
Martin.Swider
Explorer

That's good news, thank you 🙂 

profile.country.PL.title
pero_85
Explorer

All, i've good news. Community is giving solution wherever mega-companies like Sony cant.

SmartYouTubeTV CAN play HDR youtube on Sony TV's and its a modified official application.

1.download SmartYouTubeTV from here: [link removed]
2.install on your tv
3. on the loader screen choose "4k Alt version" and check "update","autoframerate" and "remember"

launch the new youtube and enjoy! (tested succesfully on 55XE9005)