Join now - be part of our community!

A2DP bluetooth not on the update

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mikesimm9

A2DP bluetooth not on the update

My TV is the 43XD8099 (which i am told is ATV2) and able to update better than ATV1

With the 6.2602 Nougat firmware, I thought my TV would get all the improvements - it gets NEARLY all but for some reason not the A2DP bluetooth profile.

Does anyone from the forum, or from Sony know if this is because they haven't got round to it or is it something to do with the chipsets used in the 43XD8099.

I had understood that because this model could handle things like Picture in Picture and the other new upgrades that A2DP would be included.

Any thoughts anyone ?

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
ksrangal
Explorer

WOOOOOOOOWWW!!!!!

I can confirm that it works on  KD-65XD7505  SOny TV.. 

Thanks a lot. 

profile.country.GB.title
mikesimm9

This looks brilliant @habyss

is everyone happy that the software download is free of viruses ?

plan to try this tonight 

iliya_09
New

hi, how are u.i wanna thank u for your best advice to connect headphones to Bravia TVs.

so here what I've got a problem.

my tv is KD-43X8000D and I bought a wh-1000x m3 headphone

I try to connect it to my tv but I couldn`t so I searched it and I founded that my tv doesn't support a2dp that give u access to connect an audio device such as my headphone.

so I read ur advice and install smartbluetooth. but when I go to Bluetooth settings and trying to pair them it just searches and search and search and it doesn't find my headphone.

by the way, I go to smartbluetooth app and search devices and it found my headphone there but when I select my headphone on the list it couldn't be connected.

so do u have any advice?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The Bluetooth of the TV is not suitable for the connection of audio devices, there is a workaround that provides installation Side load of the "Bluetooth Pair" App, after having found the installation package of the App (APK) and having downloaded it via Computer (then transferred to TV via USB memory).

On the TV you can install the application after giving permission to install from "Unknown Sources", there is a MENU item in Android TV.

For the installation you need a File Manager that you can download and install from the Play Store.

Probably now you can pair a Bluetooth audio device.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
DannyBangBang
New

Hi Manolo, thank you for the list of all needed steps. I own Sony 43w75c and I did everything you wrote, but the last step, when I tried to connect my Bose Soundlink Evolve, nothing happened, so the TV sees the device thanks to the app, but doesn’t successfuly connect. Any tips? Or I just buy some kind of transmitter and male the connection throught it. Many thanks for your help. Danny

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi Danny,

that trick probably (sure at this point...) don't work with 2015 Sony's Android TV...

😔
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

even if you somehow force pairing it will newer work if HW does not support profile.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

kinggo01 from 2016 models it work.

simakas0
Explorer

For anyone landing in this forum, if you are running Android on your Bravia - go to  Aptoide store, get bluetooth-pair app, google the instructions online if you have issues, you can run A2DP bluetooth device with multiple Android Bravias even if they say they dont support it.