Join now - be part of our community!

dolby vision

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

dolby vision

i have just found out that apple tv4k has done a softwarte update os.11.3 so thate the box can work with sony tv to stream dolby vision  over h d m i but so far it is only in the u s a they are waiting for sony to update in the uk

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I will check on this and somebody will get back to you.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there,

I will check on this and somebody will get back to you.

Best wishes,

M

Did you find any info? Or should we start sending our TVs back?

Thanks

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Inside the XF90 Review on FlatpanelsHD, you will find this:

Sony says that Dolby Vision will be added “this summer” through a firmware update but the company declined to be more specific than that.

Total disaster. And there are still people who praise Sony for their updating policy. How can they? My TV from 2016 is still on Marshmallow. No update ever improved anything significant. Major Android updates usually bring more issues to the table than they solve due to the underlying Linux and drivers being flaky as hell...

By far the worst CE product I ever owned. Wouldn't have thought that a company can actually sell something like that.

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Come on Sony! Enough is enough! Apple tweak there kit! It’s done! I think the story here is not to advertise a product before you can deliver! I assume it will arrive after tvOS 11.3. 

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

i believe that apple are doing the os 11 3 software update on the apple tv 4k somtime in april

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Anonymous

Did you get a answer?

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Noooooo.

Andy 😊
profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

I AM STILL WATING FOR SOMEONE TO GET IN TOUCH

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

My TV is fab but the aftercare is dubious. All my other products are apple with exemplary aftercare.

Thank you

Andy 😊