Join now - be part of our community!

dolby vision

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

dolby vision

i have just found out that apple tv4k has done a softwarte update os.11.3 so thate the box can work with sony tv to stream dolby vision  over h d m i but so far it is only in the u s a they are waiting for sony to update in the uk

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
newbix

So the yanks get another update https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=XBR75Z9D&upd_id=11447&os_group_id=18

Mean while we get JACK **** :rage:

What's the betting the update will come out when the X700 player does?

Mods on here won't answer, so what's the point of this forum?

profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

i just got a e-mail from sony customer support they should delete the word support as they dont give support they say they dont have a date yet as for the blu-ray player ubp-x700 the ar already on sale i got one in january
profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Very poor and deceptive

Thank you

Andy 😊
profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

sorry but i forgot sony have said the dolby vision update for the x-700 will be coming in the summer but i wont hold my breath as it has been over a year i have been waiting for the update on the zd9 and it has still not happend

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Stewart,

You can find the latest firmware update here.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Sean_Mcwrote:

Hi Stewart,

You can find the latest firmware update here.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

"Dolby Vision content is supported for video streaming apps/services installed on the TV such as Amazon Prime Video and Netflix. (ZD9, XE94, XE93 and A1 only)*"

We was promised DV over HDMI...I'm not installing this.  

EDIT=

"Selected Sony TVs (ZD9, XE94, XE93 and A1 Series) will support Dolby Vision with the software update to be rolled out in Europe within April, 2018"