Join now - be part of our community!

ITV Hub / All 4 - please help!

profile.country.GB.title
Rishi1
New

ITV Hub / All 4 - please help!

Hello all,

please please help! I’ve just bought a brand new Sony XG9005 from John Lewis and the itv hub / all 4 / c5 apps do not work. They just get stuck after the ads. I can cast it ok from my phone but that defeats the object of buying the tv. 

do I need to return it? I know there’s been some chat on the community already but I’m so confused. Will these ever work like they should do? Or should I return the tv?

apologies if this is an issue already solved but please do help me out! I’ll be very grateful! 

thank you everyone :slight_smile:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Rishi1,

Welcome to the community.

You could take a look at the troubleshooting advice here to see if it helps with your apps.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

There are several threads on here.  Sounds like you skipped accepting youview and sony terms and conditions (the catch up apps run under youview),  Find and re run the tv initial setup, skip the channel tuning part, accept all terms and conditions prompts - only takes a minute to do. Note this is not a factory reset and doesn't impact on anything you've setup on the TV 

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

@EdwinaU

You should update the troubleshooting guide for this issue. None of the generic advice in the link will solve this problem for the catch up apps. The solution is simple and quick to re run the initial setup purely to accept youview and sony terms and conditions. 

profile.country.GB.title
Rishi1
New

Thank you guys! I accepted all the things in the set up and now works fine! Thanks so much!