Join now - be part of our community!

kd-43xd8305 how to enable ARC?

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
Labros7545
Explorer

kd-43xd8305 how to enable ARC?

I have connected my kd-43xd8305 via a hdmi 2.0 cable to my avr Marantz sr5012.My avr has an option to enable ARC but my tv kd-43xd8305 has no option.How I enable ARC on my tv?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GR.title
Labros7545
Explorer

Ok, I found a solution.There is an asterix on my avr manual suggesting to power reset both tv and avr when ARC is enabled for the 1st time.So I unplugged the hdmi cable and removed the power cables from the wall socket for 5 mins.Then I connected everything back in place and now ARC is working.Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Labros7545

Have a look at this page

about how to activate the ARC feature

Let us know if this works for you.

profile.country.GR.title
Labros7545
Explorer

1. Press the Home or Menu button on the TV remote.
  2. Select Settings or Setup
  3. Select HDMI.
  4. Select Control for HDMI.
  5. Select ON.

The thing is my tv has no option for Control for HDMI.I believe the article is for older or different models.

profile.country.GR.title
zer0ner0

profile.country.GR.title
Labros7545
Explorer

Yes, it is the No3 hdmi port.It is very weird there is no option on the settings to enable hdmi control/ARC.The is only an option to enable control of bravia sync devices and thats all, unless I am missing something.

profile.country.GR.title
Labros7545
Explorer

Ok, I found a solution.There is an asterix on my avr manual suggesting to power reset both tv and avr when ARC is enabled for the 1st time.So I unplugged the hdmi cable and removed the power cables from the wall socket for 5 mins.Then I connected everything back in place and now ARC is working.Thank you for your time :slight_smile: