Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Bravia KD-55KG8 TV recogniseing MY Book AV-TV HDD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Hawkeyehawk
Explorer

Problem with Bravia KD-55KG8 TV recogniseing MY Book AV-TV HDD

Hi all - I have a problem getting my Sony Bravia KD-55AG8 TV to recognising a MY Book AV-TV 1TB HDD that I purchased the other day. I have read that when using YouView it will not work or record. I've read that you have to change over to Freeview which I have done. When I go to Settings - Storage & Reset it shows My Book AV-TV but says it's Safely Ejected when it's connected to the TV and powered on. There's no way in the setting that will let me register the HDD drive, am I doing something wrong can any body help me with this problem.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Being classified as an expert on the forum doesn't mean I have any connection with the Sony company, I am just a customer like you.

Unfortunately you saw the advertizing but didn't have a look at the note "11" that is at the end of the features, thet says exactly that

Annotazione 2020-03-10 220808.png

You should have asked the question or looked at existing thread before buying the tv. Nonetheless no other tv as Youview and recording AFAIK so it doesn't change the scenario too much. And you bought a great OLED tv. Having a A1 myself of which I am proud

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you have a look at the user manual ?

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/gaep1/v1/en/03-01_01.html

profile.country.GB.title
Hawkeyehawk
Explorer

Hi rooobb - Thanks for your reply, yes I did check the manual I read that you can not record in YouView so I changed from YouView and enabled Free-view, then went to Settings - Storage & Reset - the HDD is displayed but it says My Book AVTV is safely ejected, nothing happens when I click on it. When I followed the instruction in the manual when I got to (Wait until the screen USB drive connected is displayed) nothing happens. Not sure whats going on It will not let me register or format the HDD. If you have any more information on what may be the problem or any other instruction I can take to resolve this problem it would most appreciated. 

Hawkeyehawk  

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Have you done a reboot of the tv by long pressing the off button?

profile.country.GB.title
Hawkeyehawk
Explorer

Hi rooobb - No I haven't did not know you could do that, I will give it a go and let you know what happens.

Thanks Hawkeyehawk

profile.country.GB.title
Hawkeyehawk
Explorer

Hi rooobb - done as you suggested and done the (POWER RESET) - no luck. Went to next part (UNPLUG the AC POWER CORD) mains lead and followed the instruction and waited the 3 minutes and plugged the mains lead back in. TV stated up - plugged the USB back into the TV, powered up the MY BOOK AVTV inspecting to see the TV recognize The MY BOOK but no luck, I did notice that when the MY BOOK was switch on the light  on the box stated to flash and then went static on. I went into STORAGE & RESET and I shows the MY BOOK Still being SAFELY EJECTED. I haven't done a Full Factory Reset would that be my next step, if so do I disconnect MY Book from the TV before doing so.  

Hawkeyehawk

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not have the tv available now but what happens if you access the media player or video app? Does it show the usb hdd? Or a file manager if you have installed it?
profile.country.GB.title
Hawkeyehawk
Explorer

20200309_165306.jpg20200309_165427.jpg20200309_165444.jpg20200309_165504.jpg

Hi rooobb - I'am not sure how to access the media player or video APP, I've looked on the TV for these but could not locate them. I've sent some screen pictures to see if you can understand them. When you go into these in setting it has not recognized the HDD and won't let you do anything with it.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It is the app that plays video on your tv (it was called Video with a red icon on previous model, now it should be blue )...May you try to re-format on a pc in NTFS your drive?

profile.country.GB.title
Hawkeyehawk
Explorer

20200309_203110.jpg20200309_203231.jpg

hi rooobb - I found the video APP, I've sent a couple of pictures of the screen shots showing the APP and what you get when you click on it. If you feel that formatting the HDD in NTFS will help I go ahead, am I right in saying that if HDD is recognized on the TV and are able to register the drive it will get formatted so it will work on the TV. 

Hawkeyehawk