Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Sony W75C TV

PlatinumSony
Explorer

Problem with Sony W75C TV

Hi,

I need some help regarding my Sony Bravia TV. The problem is that my tv constantly loses its color profile settings. For example. If you set your TV to game mode (it doesn't mater witch presetting you use) and select to use warm colors it works fine until you turn off the TV. After you turn the TV on again the game mode is still active but it no longer uses the same warm color profile. It resets it every time to something else (default i presume). I already using the latest firmware and have tried to restore factory default. But this far nothing have helped.

Thank you for your support.

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you tell me which one of these sounds like your problem.

Known Issue:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/feb-2016-update-android-auto-picture-broken/m-p/2123988

Or this one, which I cannot replicate:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/bravia-43w805-android-tv-not-selecting-correct-colour-te...

Cheers

PlatinumSony
Explorer

The problem that is described in the first link I have something similar but not quite. Before the update (sry, don't know witch one) the TV no longer auto detects devices. At first it automatically changed picture mode to Game when I connected my PS4. Now it doesn't.

And the second link problem: I have something like that. It's really easy to replicate and 8 out of 10 for sure it will happen.

For example. The TV is connected to PC with HDMI port (native hdmi to hdmi). You set the TV HDMI colour settings to Cinema Pro and colour profile Expert 1. You turn off or let the PC go to standby. You turn off the TV via the remote. You bring the PC back from standby and turn on the TV. And voila - the TV setting is still Cinema Pro but the colour profile is wrong. If you go to the colour profile menu and select the value Expert 1 it resets the colour profile to the correct value.

At first I didn't have any of these issues. Unfortunately I don't know witch update or event caused it.

-edit-

I just did a test. I turned on the TV (there's no incoming signal so it shows plank screen on HDMI4 like it should). Checked the colour profile if it was still on Expert 1 and it wasn't. It had reset the colour profile to something else. So the problem is not device related its TV related.

alwhite40

I'm having the same problem on my 43W805C, as described in the second link.

If the TV has been in standby for more than about 15-20 mins, when I switch back on it has silently changed picture settings.  By silently, I mean that it still looks like it is set correctly on the UI, i.e. Cinema Pro mode with a few tweaks, but the picture is clearly not as it should be.

To resolve I have to either change to another input and back again, or change to another picture mode and back again.

To be honest, before reading here that other people are suffering this problem, I was on the verge of sending the TV back for a refund (I still might).  This such a basic thing - why should I have to fix my picture settings every time I turn the thing on?!

PlatinumSony
Explorer

Still waiting some kind of response for my problem. Is Sony aware of these issues with newest firmware? If I had known this happens I wouldn't have updated the Firmware. I was quite happy with the 6 stuck pixels on the sides and no other serious problems. But now I have to reconfigure the picture every time I turn the TV on and this is not good 😞

alwhite40

Same here.  Sick of having to change settings every time I startup, along with a couple of other issues.

I'm going to arrange a swap this week.  Will not update the firmware on the replacement when it arrives, if it's still on an old version.

PlatinumSony
Explorer

Yesterday my TV found a new FW update. I updated the TV's firmware and still my problem remains. So my TV is still not working properly and it seems that Sony doesn't care regarding the amount of feedback I´m getting.

I just wanted to know if SONY is even aware of the problem that the users are experiencing?  Is there a fix coming for this problem or I just have to buy a new TV to get rid of this problem witch is quite annoying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I have added this to the bugs list and have informed Sony.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2175704#M44073

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Seems to be a hardware issue.

A flex cable from board to LCD. When cold works OK. When hot, which happens very very fast, one or more copper lines get no contact or semi-contact(resistance) to LCD

alwhite40

@MiCal1967 wrote:

Seems to be a hardware issue.

A flex cable from board to LCD. When cold works OK. When hot, which happens very very fast, one or more copper lines get no contact or semi-contact(resistance) to LCD

I doubt that very much.  It's seems like a software bug to me.  There are several workarounds to fix the issue when the problem appears.

Besides, the problem occurs for me when it is 'cold', but then the physical temperature has nothing to do with it.  I'm 99.99% certain of that.