Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Sony W75C TV

PlatinumSony
Explorer

Problem with Sony W75C TV

Hi,

I need some help regarding my Sony Bravia TV. The problem is that my tv constantly loses its color profile settings. For example. If you set your TV to game mode (it doesn't mater witch presetting you use) and select to use warm colors it works fine until you turn off the TV. After you turn the TV on again the game mode is still active but it no longer uses the same warm color profile. It resets it every time to something else (default i presume). I already using the latest firmware and have tried to restore factory default. But this far nothing have helped.

Thank you for your support.

33 REPLIES 33
PlatinumSony
Explorer

So it seems that there's no solution or response from SONY. Tried the newest firmware and it didn't fix the problem. The problem still persists. It only changed some of the software features and that's all. And one nice thing - there's no mute icon on tv when you want do mute the TV now. I like that.

So basically if you buy sony your own your own if something happens. That's sad. Really liked the Sony TV picture quality when it was working correctly. At least next time I know that if everything works DONT update FW and if there's a problem your on your own.:smileysad:

giorgosgs
Explorer

It's been ages since sony informed for the problem, I have posted a video that clearly shows that the settings are not stored and explained that this happens after some time in standby mode, not immidiatlly after you turn off you TV.

The vid is here and you can see the fault at 0:38 https://vid.me/vA1E

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@giorgosgs

@PlatinumSony

Hi

Have you contacted Sony Support for a technician diagnosis?

Was your TV set New or Repaired - refurbished?

If yes, repair center might have forgoten :thinking: to transfer Data from T-con to SoC.

This could also be a Factory line not correctly done.

PlatinumSony
Explorer

I have contacted my local sony repair center. My TV was new and I bought it from local Sony shop.

the repair center told me that software bugs/faults are not within warrany. And even more I have 5-6 stuck pixels on my TV. Because they are near the ednge even that doesn't go unter warrany. So besicaly they told me to stop complaining and told that everything is fine.

I don't mind the backlight bleed problem anymore that much (have little at the bottom of the screen) and that some of the pixel near the edges are stuck/dirty. BUT this software problem that hapened after i updated FW is really annoying. And it IS software problem. Didn't have this problem before I updated the firmware. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

PlatinumSony wrote:

the repair center told me that software bugs/faults are not within warrany. 

Id say the repair centre is talking rubbish on that one.  First port of call is the retailer you puchased it from if seeking refund.

@PlatinumSony wrote:

And even more I have 5-6 stuck pixels on my TV. Because they are near the ednge even that doesn't go unter warrany.

This one is correct however.  There is no direct policy over dead pixels, it depends how many and where they are located.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Both @PlatinumSony and @giorgosgs need a Self Check Diagnosis to check for errors.

If errors exist in everything related to T-con or System(SoC) or ANYTHING else(must all be zeros), then there must be a repair or a replacement!!!

Can't believe what I read "software bugs/faults are not within warrany". TV does not play without software:smileylaugh::smileylaugh:

giorgosgs
Explorer

@MiCal1967Mine was a brand new also... I am 100% sure it's a software bug cause only happening if the TV goes in ''deep sleep'' not immediately after you turn off the TV it's about 30-40 minutes I think but not sure exactly how much time...

Let's hope for a fix in the Android 6 update.

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Did the issue just went away?? U guys should check. Turn off tv for 8 minutes and see If it retained the colour temperature.

profile.country.DE.title
Phil9322
Explorer

I have a W805c and the same issue with the color temperature. I also got this problem after one of the FW updates during the past few months. Did not have it before. When the Marshmallow update arrives, which should be soon, i'll reset my tv to factory settings, update it, and hope it's gone. This bug is so annoying and ridiculous for a smart tv.. sony seems to be aware of the problem, as many people have it and reported it.

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Mine is the same. This is basic. Refers to the quality of image. They don't
care.