Join now - be part of our community!

remote recording kd49x8305c

profile.country.GB.title
Steall
Explorer

remote recording kd49x8305c

when using sideview to set timer recording will not work remotely if tv is switched off.

have used both a portable hdd and a desktop hdd with its own power supply.

it seems that the usb port on the tv is switching off if the tv is in standby.

can anybody help.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please confirm if this is still happening after the firmware update a few days ago?

Cheers

rtp101
Explorer

Hi,

Have you resolved your problem with remote recording? I have the same problem with my KDL-55W808C. My observation is that after about 10 minutes after switching off TV, power on USB ports is switched off too. Because of that  remote recording and local recording doesn't work. The message is that HDD is not connected.
Sony Support said that power on USB ports shouldnt be switched off when in standby mode.

profile.country.GB.title
Steall
Explorer

To use remote programming tv must be connected by wi-fi and not Ethernet
jani1973
Explorer

I have KD55X8505C connected with desktop HDD with it's own power supply. If I try to remotely set timer and TV and HDD are off, it tells that "USB hdd for recording is not connected". No matter if TV is connected to web with Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

But if TV is switched off and hdd still running, I can set timer remotely.

Would be nice to know if it works as intented on someones TV.

striiber
New

Same problem, but on 43W805C. I can set a timer recording from outside of my home network, but only as long as the tv is turned on. Not very practical.

profile.country.GB.title
Steall
Explorer

To set record from outside of home, you must have a hdd plugged into usb3 and your tv must be connected to the Internet by wi-fi not Ethernet 

hope this helps