Join now - be part of our community!

XBR55X810C Installed firmware update, now it is stuck rebooting

profile.country.US.title
MysticMason
Explorer

XBR55X810C Installed firmware update, now it is stuck rebooting

I upated the firmware and TV is stuck rebooting. The Sony logo turns on and the Android Logo starts and then it freezes, and starts again. I tried factory reset process with power and down arrow, unplugging and plugging back in, disconnected everything else. let it go for a long time. None of it is working. It was working fine until I got the notice about an available upgrade which I installed and rendered my TV useless. Seems like others had this problem also and no answers from SONY with a solution.

CAN SOMEONE FROM SONY PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE WITH THE FIRMWARE UPDATE RENDERING OLD UNITS USELESS? IS THERE A WAY TO DO A ROLLBACK?

I emailed support and they just gave me a few links which did not work.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If you have kept it disconnected from the power supply for at least 10 minutes or more I fear you have nothing left but to contact the Assistance (I understood that you have disconnected everything but for safety I tell you to try disconnecting all the peripherals connected to the TV, so we have no doubts) It is possible that the update has somehow damaged the Motherboard. Unfortunately there is no way to go back to the previous Firmware.

Manolo

profile.country.US.title
MysticMason
Explorer

Thanks. I already reached out to support. Just got an email with links to instructions which don't work. Called and they tell me to do what I already did several times. Very disapointed with service. I updated the firmware as it said to do and rendered my TV useless now. TIme to buy a new one and it won't be a Sony. I wasted enough time trying to fix this.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I'm sorry for what happened, unfortunately today these things happen but knowing it doesn't make you feel better.

Manolo