Join now - be part of our community!

Difficulties with Cashback cards

profile.country.en_GB.title
clem8is
Explorer

Difficulties with Cashback cards

Hello

I bought a Sony TV with £100 cashback offer & was duly sent a prepaid Visa card. The card expires 01/13 so I thought I'd best use it so ordered some items from Amazon. The first item went through fine but the second order sent about 3 hours later was declined by the card. Anyone know how to get round this? Who to contact (& how?)

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi clem8tis.

Only Visa will have access to any details of the card status - I guess you will have to phone them.

Was there not a contact number on the correspondence that came with the card?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
clem8is
Explorer

Sadly, the card was sent to me a year ago. I just assumed I present it at a shop (wrong as I didn't have a PIN NO.) so the alternative was to use it online. Having taking a payment out of the card for one of the purchases OK,  it failed to pay the second item. It was suggested that maybe a charge is made on the card (the item I was purchasing was for all the remaining sum on the card) which would mean there wasn't as much on there as was thought - who knows? They can't even tell me how much is on the card.  Guess I'll just have to keep trying to track down what to do. Thanks for your help anyway, I'll try to get in touch with Visa somehow.

Regards & have a good weekend!

a frustrated clem8tis!!