Join now - be part of our community!

wireless usb for 32cx523

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybhoy66
Visitor

wireless usb for 32cx523

hi,just wondering if i need to use a sony adapter for wireless or any brand,i have a netgear router so was thinking about an adapter of the same make,someone also suggested homeplugs(think that was the name)what are the folks on here using

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tonybhoy66,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

You'll need to purchase the optional Sony UWA-BR100 dongle or alternatively you could purchase a set of homeplugs..

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

yes in theory it should work but it would depend on how far your router is from your Bravia & how strong the wifi signal is in your property..

Further info can be found here - WNCE2001 UNIVERSAL WIRELESS INTERNET ADAPTER FOR TV & BLU-RAY

The reason that some people opt for the home plugs is that the wifi is sent via your electrical mains sockets..

Here is an example, do your own research before purchasing -  TP-Link TL-PA211KIT 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Twin Pack

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tonybhoy66,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

You'll need to purchase the optional Sony UWA-BR100 dongle or alternatively you could purchase a set of homeplugs..

tonybhoy66
Visitor

thanks for reply,ive been doing some background on what people are using and this device sounds as if its what i need as dongle doesnt get good reviews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-Universal-Wifi-Internet-Adapter/dp/B003VIWJYI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid...

as im not techy minded could you tell me if this would work,thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

yes in theory it should work but it would depend on how far your router is from your Bravia & how strong the wifi signal is in your property..

Further info can be found here - WNCE2001 UNIVERSAL WIRELESS INTERNET ADAPTER FOR TV & BLU-RAY

The reason that some people opt for the home plugs is that the wifi is sent via your electrical mains sockets..

Here is an example, do your own research before purchasing -  TP-Link TL-PA211KIT 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Twin Pack

tonybhoy66
Visitor

cheers for that,ive already purchased the item i was talking about but have bookmarked the plugs in case mines doesnt do the job,thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome tonybhoy66, please posts back & let us know how you got on..:smileyhappy:

tonybhoy66
Visitor

hi,well the adapter was useless to me,i set it up only 4 feet from the router and i only got 76% lol,so i have packaged up to send back and ordered the tp link plugs

tonybhoy66
Visitor

i have now purchased the tp link adaptors but even though the lights are all green my sony tv is saying connection failed,i am now ready to give tv back to dealer as it seems useless if i cant connect to internet

tonybhoy66
Visitor

also i keep getting the error 1106 constantly

tonybhoy66
Visitor

hi again,ive took the tv into the room with the router and wired it directly and it still says failed,is this a faulty tv i have???