Join now - be part of our community!

NSZ-GS7 Delay and flashing static screen when loading

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mrics007
Visitor

NSZ-GS7 Delay and flashing static screen when loading

Hi,

I've just purchased the sony set top box which I am really impressed with but I can't get it to work properly.

The only issue I have and don't seem to be able to resolve is that when I switch it on, or when I am using an app and then revert back to Live TV the screen goes black and then I get a flashing static screen for about 30 - 60 seconds before it loads up (like you used to get on old terrestrial tv's when you had no signal). Likewise when I'm watching live TV and load up either the 'picture within a picture' feature or an app it goes through the same problem.

I've got it hooked up to a Humax Foxsat HDR

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

There is a Mode 1 and a Mode 2 in the HDMI-IN settings in the menu under Settings.
Try switching between the two.

Your 6-year old tv might want the digital video delivered as 720i or 720p images. If it gets 1080i, because of the GoogleTV blocking communication with the settopbox, and the settopbox sending 1080i and the googlebox passing that thru, this might explain the switching. If your TV cannot do 1080i (check the specs for the specific type of Regza), then see if you can force the settopbox to only send out in 720i or 720p.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gofrost

you always seem to get a small lag only about 1 /2 seconds when switching from an app to tv ,is the correct device configured for video input to the nsz-gs7 , and have you tried connecting directly to tv to see if same issue occurs also check to see if device has updated to latest firmware version.My device is connected to a sky+ hd box i have'nt experienced a flashing or extended load up time, also maybe check cable and connection

mrics007
Visitor

thanks gofrost.  I did expect a delay, but a minute of flashing static is a bit much.  What do you mean about the "correct device configured for video input"?  sorry for being a bit dim.  The TV is a Toshiba Regza that is probably about 6 years old.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

There is a Mode 1 and a Mode 2 in the HDMI-IN settings in the menu under Settings.
Try switching between the two.

Your 6-year old tv might want the digital video delivered as 720i or 720p images. If it gets 1080i, because of the GoogleTV blocking communication with the settopbox, and the settopbox sending 1080i and the googlebox passing that thru, this might explain the switching. If your TV cannot do 1080i (check the specs for the specific type of Regza), then see if you can force the settopbox to only send out in 720i or 720p.