Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Android phone remote app + searching on TV schedules

profile.country.en_GB.title
paulsmith1001
New

Sony Android phone remote app + searching on TV schedules

Two of the selling points for me when I bought the Sony Google TV (after seeing the YouTube promotional video) were the ability to search for a web site on my Android phone and then transmit it to the TV and the abilty to bring up TV programme listings when doing a Google search. However, the Sony TV remote app currently shows as being incompatible with the Google TV and the app that appears to allow a search of tv listings i.e. Sky Anytime etc... is also incompatible (in the UK). I still think that it's a good box despite this but I have to confess to being a little disappointed. Is there any news on whether / when these apps will be available in the UK? (I hope I've explained myself properly).

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

We had a meeting with Google last week, and whilst I can't disclose much, there are a lot of really interesting things in the pipeline, saw some cracking demos.

You might not have been aware, but there was a bit of a furore in the US with the broadcasters when Google started offering entertainment search, to the extent that broadcasters started cutting off access. Obviously the broadcaster landscape in the UK is slightly different and not driven by the premium operators to the same extent and so things will hopefully be easier in the UK as obviously 'search' is Google's bread and butter.

Can't really articulate precise timelines as they are obviously largely with Google, but confident that some of these developments will be here sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps

gofrost

my device is a htc sensation and this is how i can view website on tv via nsz gs7 install sony media remote and pair with device open browser on phone i have used chrome , opera and skyfire share to media remote and use free cursor to move around web page using the controller for the device using picture in picture you can only watch while browsing

gofrost

my device is a htc sensation and this is how i view websites from phone on tv via nsz gs7 install sony media remote and pair device using browser on phone i've used opera chrome and skyfire share page to media remote and using free cursor to move around page using picture in picture you can only watch while browsing