Join now - be part of our community!

internet browser & bravia rant

profile.country.en_GB.title
durian40
Visitor

internet browser & bravia rant

bought my first bravia smart tv.  also have a PS2 PS3 PSP

sony oh sony oh sony, why do none of these devices have decent web browsers?

and as for having to use the remote control to toggle around text input, well that is an absolute joke.  ARE you seriously telling me that a usb keyboard or mouse is an unrecognised device?

have you ever tried surfing the web on a remote control sony?  you must be out of your mind.

and as for not being able to use my sony PS3 camera and mic?... you really are taking the mickey sony.

Its a sony device with a cam and a mic, WHY CANT I PLUG THIS IN AND SKYPE?

sony you really need to learn some lessons with your hardware and stop ripping customers off by forcing them to buy your usb cam/mic (which i certainly wont)

and as for not being able to record tv to a usb device under 32Gb.... oh come you are stupid, why i cant i record a few tv clips to a 16Gb key?

lots to learn sony, i think this will be my last ever sony internet enabled device

on the plus side, it is a nice tv set with nice features....

Message was edited by: durian40

Message was edited by: durian40

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No 'jump' button im afraid either.  A dedicated 'Netflix' button and a rather....well...useless....'Football' button.

Not seen the 2015 controlers yet - who knows.

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

@Anonymous

Thanks, but the broadcast picture ratio is variable, also in the same channel and even same program (studio/live kinda things). Auto mode requires broadcast flags which aren't present, I assume, since it doesn't do anything helpful.

@Jonnie1266

Yep, had one of these buttons in the remote I had with a 2013 Sony model. But we've made great strides in UI since then. Who needs that when you have on the remote, accessible at the press a button, wonderful features such as "Football", "SEN", "Discover", "Related Search" and "Social View"? There are even 4 very colorful buttons! They don't do anything when watching broadcasts, and very little otherwise, but they sure look pretty.

For 2015 I vote for removing the channel up/down buttons. Who needs that when can just type in the channel using digits? The freed up space could be reused. Maybe add extra 2 color buttons, or maybe even 3 to complete the rainbow. Or rename the "Football" button "Soccer", and add a new "Football" button that will instead show an unclear popup window with some photo related to American football. The popup could include an option called "Real Football mode" that will add a realistic background roar of hooligans cursing and hitting each other. Oh, wait, that is soccer. Nevermind. But I do want a second teletext button on the other side, to help leftie teletext users.

Now, what's that "jump" button? Does it add a choppily animated bounce effect to the image? :slight_smile: