Join now - be part of our community!

Any upcoming laptops from Sony?

skykit84
New

Any upcoming laptops from Sony?

Hi all

I've been looking at the SZ3XWP/C to replace my SZ2XP/C and one thing I noticed with the SZ2 was that within weeks of purchasing it, it was discontinued

I've just checked John Lewis website for the SZ3XWP/C and already, it states reduced for clearance... i suspect this model is on its way out too?

Just wondering if theres anything new coming out?

5 REPLIES 5
Vas
Visitor

Yes SZ4, with Vista Business and Vista Premium

It is obvious at this time because all the manufactures have been waiting for January 30th for Vista release.

It's interesting to see that some manufacturer have even gone to redesign their laptop. eg. Asus with auxiliary display.

skykit84
New

Thanks for that
Any idea when the SZ4's will be coming out and how much the costs will be?

I might as well wait for that i think

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Akash84,

On the Sony Style site the SZ4MN/B is £1299 and the SZ4VWN/X is £1899..

What's I find strange is they stats state the OS as:- Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2 (English version), Windows Vista™ Capable and Premium Ready*.... :thinking:

skykit84
New

Funny, I checked everywhere but sony style lol

Well the one I would be after is inbetween the two (the 2.0 ghz model) as for a 160mhz more, you pay stupid amount of money extra

From what I can see,the only difference between the SZ3 and the SZ4 is the Vista addon despite sony style not mentioning Vista.

Even the camera is the same old useless 0.37 one.

Might just go for the SZ3 series I guess

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Might just go for the SZ3 series I guess

You would probably get a better deal with a SZ3 and you should also be able to benefit from the Vista Express upgrade .. :slight_smile: