Join now - be part of our community!

Boot Sequence in BIOS

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
johtaylo13
Visitor

Boot Sequence in BIOS

I am trying to change my boot hard disk from Disk 1 to Disk 2.  I press F2 during the booting process. Under the "Boot" option I am presented with a boot sequence list.   First is the optical disk drive, second is the "Internal Hard Disk Drive".   With the "Internal Hard Disk Drive" there is no mention of Disk 1 or Disk 2.   How do I change the boot HDD to Disk 2 ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi johtaylo13,

why do you want to boot from the D drive.?

Do you have an operating system installed on the D drive..:smileyconfused:

The reason you are booting from the C drive is that it's the active partition which has the windows OS installed.

View solution in original post

johtaylo13
Visitor

Thanks for your input.   This item is now closed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What model Vaio do you have?

Have you added a hard drive or were there two drives installed when the Vaio was new.

If there were two drives initially, then it is likely they are a RAID 0 array and the 2 discs will just be seen as one single volume.

:thinking:

johtaylo13
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

My Vaio model is a VGN-AW21Z_B.   I have not changed the configuration.   The Vaio has two disks.   Disk 1 is made up of a recovery disk and Drive C.   Drive 2 has Drive D.   See attached screenshot.

The boot sequence is as follows:

Boot Priority

Select 1st Boot Priority             Internal Optical Disc Drive

Select 2nd Boot Priority          Internal Hard Disk Drive

Select 3rd Boot Priority             External Drive

My question is:    Currently I am booting from Drive C.   I would like to boot from Drive D.  The Boot Priority just says "Internal Hard Disk Drive" and does not indicate which drive this is -  C or D?   How can I make my laptop boot from D?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi johtaylo13,

why do you want to boot from the D drive.?

Do you have an operating system installed on the D drive..:smileyconfused:

The reason you are booting from the C drive is that it's the active partition which has the windows OS installed.

johtaylo13
Visitor

Thanks for your input.   This item is now closed.