Join now - be part of our community!

[:((] External samsung monitor not recognizing signal from SZ1XP [:((]

otten
Visitor

[:((] External samsung monitor not recognizing signal from SZ1XP [:((]

I hope someone can help me as I've wasted so much time on this already...

I have a Vaio SZ1XP (NVIDIA Go 7400) and I'm trying to connect it to a Samsung 244T monitor.

The monitor simply does not recognize any signal coming in from the Vaio.

The monitor works perfectly well with analogue and/or digital signals from any other source, and the Vaio can drive other monitors (eg the small acer one normally attached to the desktop).

But the combination of the Vaio connected to the 244T simply doesn't work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? I've updated to the latest drivers available from Sony (see dump below) and I'm not sure what else I can do...

Thanks in advance,

Brett

=============================================
Driver config:

Components

nvCpl.cpl 1.0.8.13 NVIDIA nvCpl Control Panel Applet
nvExpBar.dll 1.0.8.13 NVIDIA nvCpl Explorer Bar
nvCplUI.exe 1.0.8.13 NVIDIA nvCpl Container
nvViTvS.dll6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 84.91
nvMoblS.dll 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 84.91
NVMCTRAY.DLL 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Media Center Library
NVOGLNT.DLL 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible OpenGL ICD
nvDispS.dll 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA nvCpl Display Server
NVCPL.DLL 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 84.91
NV4_MINI.SYS 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Miniport Driver, Version 84.91
NV4_DISP.DLL 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 84.91
nvGameS.dll 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA nvCpl Game Configuration Server
=============================================

29 REPLIES 29
otten
Visitor

if I could see the traffic between the monitor and the laptop, then I'd have a chance to understand why it is that Sony's Event Service is killing the connection...

As I say, the monitor works with everything else I plug into it...

And I can definitely say it's the event service since when I disable it, the monitor works with the vaio like a charm...

Only problem is then none of the Vaio's "function" (blue) keys work...

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I'd say that's a small price to pay, they're pretty lame those keys anyway.

cabbagesnack
Visitor

My new Vaio FE28b with GeForce 7400 doesn't even recognize my SyncMaster 940mw! How do I turn off Event Service to see if that's the problem?

otten
Visitor

right click on my computer (either in file manager or on desktop) -> Manage -> [expand] Services and Applications (on the left hand side tree) -> Services

now on the right hand side you can see a list of all services.

scroll down to VAIO Event Service

double click on it

Choose "Disabled" from the "startup type" drop down.

then ok.

To re-enable it, just put it back onto startup type of automatic.

Cheers,

Brett

Swimon
Visitor

hello i cant seem to find "vaio event service" ? i'm using windows in dutch language? maybe it has another name?

i have a VGN A115M laptop and a samsung syncmaster 940MW monitor with the same problems...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Swinmon,

All you can do is double-click on all the VAIO Services until you find one with the executable file "VESMgr.exe".

:wink:

Swimon
Visitor

it isn't there...?

are you sure al vaio laptops have this?

otten
Visitor

almost certain...

I've now done a complete fresh windows (vista) install on my machine, so I don't have ANY VAIO services anymore :-))

small price to pay to know that my machine is now working to it's full capability...:-)

Swimon
Visitor

cant find it :s

need some help :slight_smile:

otten
Visitor

is the problem that you can't find the services, or that you can't find the "VAIO event service" in the list of services.

Of course it's possible that they renamed the service for the dutch windows, but I think it's very unlikely.

What other VAIO services can you see?