Join now - be part of our community!

[:((] External samsung monitor not recognizing signal from SZ1XP [:((]

otten
Visitor

[:((] External samsung monitor not recognizing signal from SZ1XP [:((]

I hope someone can help me as I've wasted so much time on this already...

I have a Vaio SZ1XP (NVIDIA Go 7400) and I'm trying to connect it to a Samsung 244T monitor.

The monitor simply does not recognize any signal coming in from the Vaio.

The monitor works perfectly well with analogue and/or digital signals from any other source, and the Vaio can drive other monitors (eg the small acer one normally attached to the desktop).

But the combination of the Vaio connected to the 244T simply doesn't work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? I've updated to the latest drivers available from Sony (see dump below) and I'm not sure what else I can do...

Thanks in advance,

Brett

=============================================
Driver config:

Components

nvCpl.cpl 1.0.8.13 NVIDIA nvCpl Control Panel Applet
nvExpBar.dll 1.0.8.13 NVIDIA nvCpl Explorer Bar
nvCplUI.exe 1.0.8.13 NVIDIA nvCpl Container
nvViTvS.dll6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 84.91
nvMoblS.dll 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 84.91
NVMCTRAY.DLL 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Media Center Library
NVOGLNT.DLL 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible OpenGL ICD
nvDispS.dll 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA nvCpl Display Server
NVCPL.DLL 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 84.91
NV4_MINI.SYS 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Miniport Driver, Version 84.91
NV4_DISP.DLL 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 84.91
nvGameS.dll 6.14.10.8491 NVIDIA nvCpl Game Configuration Server
=============================================

29 REPLIES 29
Swimon
Visitor

i cant find "vaio event service" in the list of services

but i think my hotkeys are controlled by another program:
Hcontrol.exe, HKServ.exe, HKWnd.exe, i can see this programs running in the task manager,

i'm gonna try to shut these down and see if my monitor will work then :slight_smile:

edit: this didnt seem to solve the problem 😞

otten
Visitor

then do what I did - shut all but the very, very necessary services down and see if the monitor then works.

then, turn each service back on until it stops working...

are you sure that the monitor works with other laptops, and that your laptop can drive other monitors?

The simplest way to get it working might be to reinstall windows afresh (try vista!) 🙂

B

Swimon
Visitor

it worked

but now i cant get my monitor to work on it's native resolution (1440*800)

is this because my graphic card is too old? (its a mobility radeon 9200)

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

i cant get my monitor to work on it's native resolution (1440*800)

is this because my graphic card is too old? (its a mobility radeon 9200)

Same problem with my VAIO. But this is mainly a driver problem. The latest available driver (@ Sony VAIO Link) does not allow custom resolutions.
Did you try Omega drivers? I didn't test it with my Widescreen yet. But may it works.

www.omegadrivers.net

Swimon
Visitor

okay thanks, i'm able to set the resolution to 1440*900 with the omega drivers... but this resolution doesnt seem to fit the screen... :slight_frown:

but what's really weird is, when i set the resolution to a 4:3 one, it does fit the screen... so i think my screen is acting like a 4:3 while its actually wide screen... any ideas?

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

What do you mean with "it seems to does not fit the screen" ?

is it distorted, not centered or ís it looking like as if it's to big. So that you can scroll the picture with mouse movements?

May you have to use that auto-calibrate button of your TFT. Check your monitor setting too. (via the OSD menu)
Well, it will be to big for your VAIO screen, but it's the native resolution of your Samsung)

JKR
Visitor

Im having the same problem with my Apple Cinema Display 23" on my ar11s docking station via dvi-d

Swimon
Visitor

What do you mean with "it seems to does not fit the screen" ?

is it distorted, not centered or ís it looking like as if it's to big. So that you can scroll the picture with mouse movements?

May you have to use that auto-calibrate button of your TFT. Check your monitor setting too. (via the OSD menu)
Well, it will be to big for your VAIO screen, but it's the native resolution of your Samsung)

yeah the screen was scrolling with my mouse movements...
but i fixed it by setting my samsung as primary monitor... now the screen on my samsung is perfect in 1440*900 but not on my vaio.. why can't i set both screens to a different resolution?

Dios
Visitor

Hy Keloo,

i have this problem: i have a samsung le27t51b lcd tv wich has a pc connection and i tried to connect it to my laptop but the image stays ther for like 5 second and i get 'no cable signal' message on the screen.

I killed the vaio event service but doesn't work anyway, do you have any ideeas?

please help

lillog
Visitor

how do i do that