Join now - be part of our community!

how to reinstall divx softwares

nox1492
Visitor

how to reinstall divx softwares

Hi,

I removed the divx softwares from my hard disc, and i would like reinstall them.
I tried the VAIO recovery software, unfortunatly, the divx softwares seem not to be part of the soft that can be reinstalled.

Any one has an idea ?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi nox1492,

most but not all of the pre-installed applications can be re-installed but unfortunately, from what you have said, the Divx software is not one of those..

Therefore to re-install the DivX software on your Vaio you'll need run the Vaio recovery utility and recovery your vaio back to factory settings.. :slight_frown:

Have you tried a system restore to a point before you removed the DivX application.. :thinking:

nox1492
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus,

If i use the recovery utility and recovery back to the factory settings, does it mean i would loose all other softwares i installed ?

I dont't know how to make a system restoration. In this case does it mean i loose all the installed softwares since the point i removes the divx (a long time i am afraid)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

If i use the recovery utility and recovery back to the factory settings, does it mean i would loose all other softwares i installed ?

Yes this will return your Vaio back to factory settings, any software that you've installed will have to be reinstalled again..

If you decide to recover your Vaio make sure you back up important data first.. :wink:

I dont't know how to make a system restoration. In this case does it mean i loose all the installed softwares since the point i removes the divx (a long time i am afraid)

Yes again you would have to install any software that you've installed since the restore point would have to reinstalled again..

Use the following link for: System Restore: frequently asked questions

nox1492
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

is anything of use from DivX.com