Join now - be part of our community!

lost info

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jen1749
Visitor

lost info

need to find voltage for a old laptop so i can order a new charger there is no lable and nothing under battery eny help please thanks jen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jen,

You are quoting the chassis number. Have a look on the lower right hand side of the screen surround for the correct model number – you will probably find it is a VGN-AW21xx.

If this is the case it will be DC output 19.5V, 6.15A, 120W. Model number VGP-AC19V16.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jen,

If you let us know the model number of the notebook someone may be able to help.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jen1749,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

You should be able to find the volts & amp information on the underside of your old charger..:smileywink:

If you can not find the information on your old charger let us know your vaio model & we may be able to find the info for you..

jen1749
Visitor

i dont have an old charger just the laptop. its an old hand me down,

The vaio model number is - PCG-8141M

product key is -

GMTOQ - JQBQ9 - JGKK9 - JHD8Y - WHWGK

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jen,

You are quoting the chassis number. Have a look on the lower right hand side of the screen surround for the correct model number – you will probably find it is a VGN-AW21xx.

If this is the case it will be DC output 19.5V, 6.15A, 120W. Model number VGP-AC19V16.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert
jen1749
Visitor

thanks for that the number is vgn-aw21m you can tell i know a lot about computers thanks

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome Jen:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
jen1749
Visitor

hi there i am back needing more info, emailed  the charger shop and he saya next to the 19.5 there will be 4.7 or 3.9 thanks jen

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jen,

That will be a universal power adaptor and with an amperage output of either 4.7 or 3.9 it is not suitable for your model.

Did you have a look at the link that Blencogo provided?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat