Join now - be part of our community!

sony vaio screen problem

davara
Visitor

sony vaio screen problem

On 27 December, 2006 I bought Vaio FE31H. The computer is great with one exception: the screen is more lightened at the bottom part. It is very noticeable at darker backgrounds. I have examined a number of other screens before I decided to write to you, but I have not seen the same defect. The guys from the store that sold me the computer are trying to convince me that this variation is normal,so I would like to ask you to send me a scope of admissible values, so that I am able to make an assessment.This defect is very unpleasant for me and I would like to resolve this issue. Thank you for your assistance in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Vas
Visitor

Is there any chance you could post a picture of it?
I know its not easy, take the picture with flash and room light off.

I have seen couple of laptops in PC World which had the same effect (SZ2 carbon fibre and TX2.)

The guys from the store that sold me the computer are trying to convince me that this variation is normal

It depends where you bought it from, e.g. if you buy it from John Lewis they won't treat genuine people bad. They are more able to listen to your problem and take reasonable action than others.

davara
Visitor

Thank you for your posting.
I can not take a picture of my laptop now since it is now in the store ( they are deciding what to do with it). I will try to upload some tomorrow.

davara
Visitor

Here are the photos of my laptop screen. The defect seems more visible that it actually is. But I think that it will give you an idea.
I would really appreciate a comment.