Join now - be part of our community!

Sounds problems with games for VGN-AR21s

far2ezee
Visitor

Sounds problems with games for VGN-AR21s

Could really do with a hand here!
I have 3 games, all reputable and all from large games manufacturers. (medieval total war, just cause and company of heroes)
All games have screwed up sound as if there is an echo on all noises the game produces. It seems to be fine for about 5 minutes of playing and then all of a sudden it starts. when people say something it will repeat it about 4/5 times. It seems to happen mainly in the actual game and not so much during cut scenes.
I have updated Direct x, the sound card for the notebook and am now at a brick wall. Any ideas on how to remedy this problem
Sincere thanks in advance.

19 REPLIES 19
LiMoEiRo
Visitor

hello all! also a VGN-AR21S user!

Have had some sound problems with games too, and they were all solved, not by disconnecting sonicstage mastering studio, but by adding the games i wanted, to the Programs not affected list, that can be accessed by right cliking the taskbar icon and choosing Options...

Well, i had problems with Quake4 and Need For Speed Underground 2. Haven´t tested with the games you guys mention. My problem was more like corrupted sound, but i think in some cases it could be called echos.

Maybe this won´t help, but it won´t hurt to try 🙂

good luck you all..

far2ezee
Visitor

Wahooo, Translated the information from the spanish site and it seems to work fine now.
Do the following:
start~control panel~sounds and audio devices~ Volume tab.
Where it says 'speaker settings' click advanced.
Click the performance tab.
Bring the 'hardware acceleration' down to none.

THis has worked for me for Medieval total war and I have just tried Company of heroes and they both work fine now.

THanks for the comments regarding sonic stage. I tried disconnecting it completely and it didnt work for me at the time but maybe it will

And a BIG thanks to Patriciopat- VERY pleased with this, it was driving me mad! :smileygrin:
:smileygrin: :smileygrin:

profile.country.es_ES.title
pariope41
Visitor

Thanks to you for answering. Certainly in that it(he,she) influences that this parameter this position(place) of a way or other one??? It is true that the games work without noise hereby, but it(he,she) influences something in the yield?? This it is my great doubt ... I wait that solucioen prompt this, since I consider it to be a fat and lamentable failure of sony .... or not? Regards

http://www.pc-portatil.com/foros/YaBB.pl?num=1168025383/0

Certainly in the forum of Pc-portatil.com I am Merlinpat ... bony(osseous) Merlinpat to understand itself is Patriciopat ... regards

If you want to see a photo of my portable (MerlinPat), you can see it in this link, also you can put here yours would do to myself a lot of illusion that it you were putting...

http://www.pc-portatil.com/foros/YaBB.pl?num=1168116652

pariope41
Visitor

Has not it(he,she) happened to anybody any more? Regards

far2ezee
Visitor

since making this change to my computer, it works fine now.

I have to say that the translator software you are using is not good at all
It is very difficult to understand what you are saying.
Maybe http://babelfish.altavista.com/ is better? I tried it with your translation- it was not good but a little better.

:slight_smile:

pariope41
Visitor

That so this is understood now? To see then in that it has been left the one of the failure of the sound of the Ar? Habeis solved with which dige if or no? awaiting some answer... a greeting

pariope41
Visitor

In that it(he,she) has stayed her(it) sew gentlemen ... tien or does not solution have it of the sound? Regards

ian3008
Visitor

far2ezee thanks for the assistance but all that happens with mine when i make the changes is i lose all sound on Quake4 and Medal of Honour.
if any one has anything else i can try?, the only other thing i can think of is to fork out £80 for a sound card for one of the slots.
TIA

far2ezee
Visitor

And actually I seem to be having errors with my sound on non game things such as Skype starting and other things. Dont know whether this is since the initial problem but seems like its the case. Did my suggestion help on any game you played 'cause mine all seem to be fine now.

ian3008
Visitor

Q4 and m.o.h. were the only two i was having a problem with, Q4 more so