Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN FE31H: CANNOT START THE PC FROM THE BATTERY PACK

valurus
Visitor

VAIO VGN FE31H: CANNOT START THE PC FROM THE BATTERY PACK

hallo everybody, I am new user of this forum and I like to propose a problem that seem related.
I purchased a Vaio notebook VGN FE-31H at the beginning of December 2006.

During December I have only complete windows installation and antivirus downloads, and did not notice anything strange that would worth any support. Then I get my vacation so I never really use the laptop until the beginning of January 2007.

In these two weeks of January I notice the follow anomaly:

When the computer is off for more than 7-8 hours and I try to power it on by the battery pack nothing happen and the computer remain off.
Of course, before turning on the pc, I made myself sure that the battery pack was fully (or 70-80%) charged.
Then if I connect it to the AC power and press the power button, it turns on normally.
At this point I check the battery state, and I notice that the battery is effectively
charged at the point which I expected it would be.

So I shut down the pc, disconnect the AC power feeder, and again try to turn on the pc only by mean the battery pack. This time the pc turn on without hesitations and so it do any other time I turn it on if no more than few hours are passed.

But again, if I shut down the pc (with the battery charged), wait for, let say,12 hours and try to turn it on by the battery pack, when I press the power button, again, nothing happen until I connect the AC power. And again, after that, the pc is able to turn itself on even with the battery pack unless no more than few hours are passed from the previous
shut down.

This is a repetitive anomaly.
So it would be impossible for me to turn on my laptop when I am travelling and that make a notebook quite unusable unless I “wake it up” by the AC supply.

The same happen after hibernating it instead of turning it off.

What are the differences between hibernate-mode and turn-off-mode ?

Thanks for your attention and dedication.

Valerio

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Your battery has a 90 day warranty so it's probably best to contact VAIO-Link ASAP

valurus
Visitor

Your battery has a 90 day warranty so it's probably best to contact VAIO-Link ASAP

Could you also suggest me where to find or what is the email address for contact VAIO-Link ASAP ?

valurus
Visitor

and, by the way, what ASAP stand for?
thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi valurus,

Click on 'Support' at the top of this page and then under 'Other' click 'Contacy Informatiom'.

ASAP is short for 'as soon as possible'. In other words don't delay.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
valurus
Visitor

oh, thanks. I send the same letter which I use to open my topic two days ago to the e-support web page, but at the moment nobody seem to take care of my problem. Or, at least, I've not understude how the answers would come.
What is going to happend if anybody decide to make an answer at my request??
Is the e-support the only mean to contact the technical assistance?

LEVELman
Visitor

I am not an expert but I can give you answer for this question. If you have created a new case already they will send you an email to your mailbox when somebody will bother to solve your problem (actually they are lazy I have to agree). You will log into e-support, click to Case overview and under your created thread there should be an answer from someone competent. Of course, under condition that you have entered your email when creating your vaio e-support acc :cool: