Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN-FW21M Volume & Bluetooth Issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
CFC_CJS
Visitor

VAIO VGN-FW21M Volume & Bluetooth Issues

Hi, a newbie here to this Forum

I have the VGN-FW21M which was pre-loaded with Vista Home Premium until latelly when i had it upgraded to Windows 7 and all is well apart from a few minor things that i can't seem to get back

1) The little box which sat under the Motion Eye on the desktop that had all the connection boxes (Bluetooth etc) ...that's dissapeared and i'd really like that back

2) The Volume control on the screen, that too has gone.

Is there any way i can get these back on Windows 7 please? I have found, downloaded & installed the Shared Library, Setting Utilty Service, VAIO Control Centre, VAIO Original Function Settings & WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software but none of these seem to do the trick... can anyone help me please?

Apart from these minor issues all seems to be working very well and i'm loving Windows 7 but i would like these little things back if possible, i really miss them :slight_frown:

Thanks for reading & your help in any way will be much appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
CFC_CJS
Visitor

So i guess no one knows or just dont want to help?

I thought this was supposed to be a Sony Vaio Help Forum.....  CRAP!!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi CFC_CJS,

This is a Vaio user self help forum. Abusing fellow users will not endear you to the community.

Was this an upgrade to Windows 7 or a clean install? I will assume that it was a clean install.

I am not sure what you mean by “The little box which sat under the Motion Eye on the desktop that had all the connection boxes (Bluetooth etc) ..”. Could this be Vaio Gate? If so this is part of the original software that came pre-installed and you will have lost this with a clean install of Win 7.

The Volume control using the FN keys requires the following drivers/utilities installed in order. If any are not available in the Win 7 upgrade section then try the originally installed Vista version.

1 Sony Shared Library.

2 Setting Utility Series.

3 SFEP Driver (installed from within Device Manager).

4 Vaio Event Service.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat