Join now - be part of our community!

Viewing Battery Time Remaining!

Dekesh
Visitor

Viewing Battery Time Remaining!

Hi I have an AR11M and am able to tell the percentage of battery life remaining. However a couple of my friend's have slightly older vaio models and next to the percentage of battery time it also shows the time remaining before the battery is discharged. I was wondering whether this is possible on the AR series and how could I enable it as it would be a very useful feature. thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Dekesh,

This has been discontinued on newer Vaios and other laptops. I think it was just too unreliable and misleading.

Try something like BatteryMate XP which predicts remaining time based on a learning experience. It is free to download and try out but will cost you £5 if you want to use it permanently or you will get an annoying pop-up screen every time you start up.

:wink:

rgoggy
Visitor

i use notebook hardware control where u can set a icon in the taskbar that shows u the time.

Dekesh
Visitor

how can i access this notebook hardware control thing you are talking about?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Dekesh

I think this may be the notebook hardware control program that rgoggy is talking about.. :slight_smile:

Dekesh
Visitor

I have just installed this notebook hardware control program and have noticed that the CPU clock can be modulated. If i use 12.5% (the smallest allowed) the laptop runs very slow but i pressume battery lite will be increased. however is this dangerous for the laptop to modulate the CPU clock or is it perfectly fine?

rgoggy
Visitor

it is not dangerous but a feature of new cpus

u have to see whats more important. more performance or more battery
i use most of the ime Max. Battery and when i realy need performance i change it to max performance