Join now - be part of our community!

Touch screen issues

SOLVED
MechPhil
Visitor

Touch screen issues

I know this has been done rather a few times, but here we go again. I bought my Xperia xa1 from amazon and am incredibly disappointed! This is my 3rd Sony, and the first disaster. The touch screen was insensitive from day 1 and no amount of adjustment could fix this. The phone is about 17 months old now, and due to where I bought it, I have no support to send it back to. The right edge of the screen became a problem first. Letters 0, p, etc. Then the top edge died, so no getting to notifications. Now the bottom edge with the navigation buttons has died.

When you test the screen in the settings menu, all is fine, and I have tried all the other suggestions, but to no avail. Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

19 REPLIES 19
MechPhil
Visitor

@Gazz60 wrote:

Does your screen work OK in the lock screen mode?.. Mine does... Its a firmware issue! 

Yes, it does! So if you want to adjust the screen brightness, I lock the screen then suddenly the top edge works.

Unbelievable that Sony has been unable to fix this in 2 years. 

Gazz60
Visitor

Only Sony can fix this...with another firmware update regarding the screen!   You need to send them a message explaining your findings as I have done...hopefully they will listen?

Mammad_potter
Visitor

Of course but how can I send them message 

Padmaja
Visitor

After reading all the above messages it's all related to me.. 

I bought my sony xperia xa1 with lots of love.. But it is very disappointing.. The same issues with the tuch.. All the edges are not working.. It is very very disappointing, 

Please fix the issues.. 

Or tell me what to do to fix it 

cold15
Visitor

I have the same issue.

In keyboard case, I installed the Google keyboard and it fixed the problem.

MechPhil
Visitor

Problem solved all! It took me such a long time, but I finally have a solution! As you say it has something to do with the Google keyboard. ON MY NEW GOOGLE PIXEL 3A!! 

So sad that after an 8 year relationship I will never buy a Sony again, but the fact that Sony had ABSOLUTELY no interest in attempting to fix this issue really irked me.

Alexey3
Visitor

У меня тоже самая проблема как у тебя, нижняя и верхняя часть экрана в перевернуто состоянии не работает, чтобы напечатать нужно потеть, блокируешь экран шторка вытаскивать легко, как только разблокировал телефон шторка вообще не вытащить так как сенсор не работает в верхней части, это сырой телефон, только за дизайн плоти и камеру не более а ну и за бренд,у моего друга тоже самое такая проблема была до тех пор пока телефон не сдал в ремонт и поменяли экран вопрос надолго ли работать будет он

I have the same problem as you, the bottom and top of the screen in an inverted state does not work, to print you need to sweat, you lock the curtain screen easily pull out as soon as the phone unlocked you can’t pull out the curtain at all since the sensor doesn’t work at the top, it's raw a phone, only for the design of the flesh and the camera no more, and well, for the brand, my friend had the same problem until the phone was repaired and the screen was changed the question is whether it will work for a long time

gt

titch2
Visitor

my screen on my xa1 is not working properly at the right side. also i carnt get a p... and the notification draw doesn't come down. 

franbob
Visitor

I have exactly the same issue. Got the phone 2 years ago. All was fine for 6 months. Then all of a sudden one day I I couldn't use P or 0 (still can't). So for example if I need to type the word 'poppy' I have to type ooooy and hope that autocorrect can suggest something I can use. It makes putting passwords in a complete nightmare. So that was irritating enough and I was considering binning the phone as it was out of warranty however I don't have that much money and I can't afford to just buy a new phone because the one I bought was poorly made!

However then I could no longer pull down the notification bar. I can do it on the lock screen so I can change brightness etc. but I can't see any notifications at the top when it's unlocked. So that has been incredibly frustrating. I left my phone on the bus the other day and was seriously considering not collecting it. Anyway, got the phone back and now the final insult is the bottom buttons don't work. No sensitivity at all. So trying to get out of an app is a nightmare which can take me up to 10 minutes and sometimes I give up completely.

And now the charger port doesn't work so the struggles I have to keep my phone charged are immense. I have to keep it on ultra battery saver a lot of the time now just to make sure it will last.

Completely unacceptable. Product is not fit for purpose. I've seen so many complaints over the year and a half that I've had this issue and as far as I can see, Sony just doesn't care. 

Mauropc
Visitor

Hola una lastima que no funcione el táctil de los bordes siendo tan buen celular. Sony por favor responder una vergüenza. Tengo ese problema hace un año

@MechPhil wrote:

@Gazz60 wrote:

Does your screen work OK in the lock screen mode?.. Mine does... Its a firmware issue! 

Yes, it does! So if you want to adjust the screen brightness, I lock the screen then suddenly the top edge works.

Unbelievable that Sony has been unable to fix this in 2 years. 

Hello a shame that the touch of the edges does not work being such a good cell phone. Sony please answer a shame. I have that problem a year ago

gt