Join now - be part of our community!

Wifi unreliable connection when Bluetooth is on

lcu
Visitor

Wifi unreliable connection when Bluetooth is on

Hello,

I wanted to point out that Xperia XA1 Plus Dual is also affected as XA1 by the same unreliable Wifi connection issue. I have two Xperia XA1 Plus Dual and they are both affected by the same issue.

Wifi would randomly stop working. Both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz are affected. Several routers tried.

The problem can be solved by switching off and on the Bluetooth as already indicated in other posts.

This clearly suggest an issue in BT / Wifi interactio, which is possible as the two devices share the same radio.

It would be interesting to have the point of view of Sony on the issue and have an indication of when this issue will be solved.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

I'm tired of this problem! When will fix it???

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Can you explain steps to make this issue, I will see if I can make it happen with mine.

fmg
Visitor

Many thanks, i have the same problem with my Xperia XA1 Ultra.

If i turn off the Bluetooth te Wifi is going on well, if not i don´t can connect via Wifi.

Sony can you help us?

Many thanks!

Best regards!

When stops working Wi-Fi, turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi starts to work.

Emir1
Hero

Hi Everyone,

You might experience that your phone sometimes drops the Wi-Fi connection while Bluetooth is turned on. This is known behaviour that will be addressed in a later software release.

Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

A workaround until the solution is available is to turn Bluetooth off.

To turn Bluetooth off

1. Find and tap Settings > Device connection.
  2. Tap the switch beside Bluetooth to turn Bluetooth off.
Randomguy3
Visitor

I knoiw this is an old thread.  This bug is something I have long suffered from on the original XA.  At least I know the workaround which does work for me.  I guess the bug was never fixed?