Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XA network issue

synviv
Visitor

Xperia XA network issue

Hello,
I would like to share my problem that im facing while turning on data connection in my xperia xa. After turning on data connection net is working fine for few seconds or just u need to keep on surfing-downloading but if i take a pause then the net is not working even the H+ is on the top. Help please.... Net is lyk oxygen for me😩
36 REPLIES 36
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @synviv,

I'd suggest that you try resetting your APN-settings (internet settings). Go to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access Point Names > Tap the three dots > Reset to default. Now go back to Settings > More and tap Internet settings in order to download new ones. When the download is complete, reboot your phone.

Are you still experiencing the same thing?

Lyliang777
Visitor

I am also having the same issue. Your troubleshooting does not solve the problem.
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @Lyliang777,

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have any battery saving features such as the STAMINA-mode enabled? Or if you have installed any apps meant to save battery?

Are you experiencing the same thing if you insert another SIM-card in your phone? Note that if you insert a SIM-card from another network carrier you will need to download new internet settings.

Lyliang777
Visitor

Nope. No STAMINA mode and no other battery saving app. And yes, the same problem still there with another SIM Card, and of course no problem with the internet setting.

It seems like the problem only exist in 3G network. No problem in 4G network but the battery consumption is absurd (I need to charge 3-4 times a day with LTE only)

2 weeks ago, I even asked my network carrier to give me a new SIM Card because of this problem and the problem is still there.

amitdgp06
Visitor

I am also trying with many sim from every network. I faced the same problem with every sim. So this is not a problem with sim or network company, this is u r fault @ Sony.
Didrik
Enthusiast

So you only lose the internet connection while being previously connected to a 3G-Only network?

What steps do you have to perform to recreate this? I mean, after you've used the phone and lost the internet-connection, what do you have to do for it to start working again?

Lyliang777
Visitor

Yup. Only happened when connected to a 3G network. Working fine on 4G except battery consumption.
Even turning off the mobile data and then turning it on again cannot solve the problem. I can only wait for a few minutes for it to start working again and then lost the internet again a minute later.
Lyliang777
Visitor

The point is the phone is useless in 3G.
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @Lyliang777

Could I get a step-by-step guide for how to recreate this?

I'd also like to collect a bugreport from you. To do this:

Go to Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number.
Go back and select Developer options then turn on "USB debugging".
Select Logger buffer size and change it to "4 M"
Restart your phone, then replicate the issue
Go back to Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report".

When the report is ready you will receive a notification. Tap the notification to share it. I suggest you upload it to Google Drive and then send choose to share a public link to the upload and include the link in the PM. I'd also like to collect your IMEI-number in the PM, dial *#06# to get the IMEI-number for your phone.