Join now - be part of our community!

Audio Description

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
paulfromcromford
New

Audio Description

Audio Description

My Sony Bravia has recently started to add Audio Description to several programmes on various channels. I don't want it. How do I stop it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi paulfromcromford,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Are you able to turn off Audio Description via..

Go to the Home menu..

Then browse to Settings..

Followed by Digital Set-up..

Then Subtitle Set-up..

Finally Subtitle Setting.?

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi paulfromcromford,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

Are you able to turn off Audio Description via..

Go to the Home menu..

Then browse to Settings..

Followed by Digital Set-up..

Then Subtitle Set-up..

Finally Subtitle Setting.?

profile.country.GB.title
paulfromcromford
New

Audio Description (AD) is not part of the subtitle set up. The current Manual includes it in Audio Set-up as a distinct sub-heading "Audio Description".

My Bravia is 3 years old and must have had an update recently which allowed it to make use of AD which is slowly becoming available to a lot of programmes. Unfortunately the update did not update the Tools function so I have the ability to take the AD facility but not the ability to switch it off.

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

My Bravia is 3 years old

Could you let us know what model your bravia is and what version of firmware you currently have please.?

profile.country.GB.title
paulfromcromford
New

My Bravia is a KDL 26S2030

Please define firmware.

Paul Wright

profile.country.en_GB.title
Faultlessdark
Visitor

Hey Paul,

I Just encountered the same issue on my Bravia KDL-26L4000 (another old Bravia) and hopefully the Bravia engine is not too dissimilar, but after switching it on today it just randomly added Audio Description on to E4.

The setting is not found under Sound Settings but under Menu> Set-Up> Digital Set-Up> Audio Set-Up> Audio Description. Conveniently, this was set to on, so I just set it to off and that removed the voiceover from the channels.

Hope that helps and that it works for you, or if you've already fixed it - this post is at least here to inform any others who may experience the same problem in the future.

Regards,

Faultlessdark

profile.country.en_GB.title
sallydrew1
Visitor

I have also got this problem and can't find a way to turn off the Audio Description.

Th TV Model is: KD-28DL11U

The Menu/Set-up/Digital Set-up I only have a choice of Subtitle Setting (which I set to 'Off'), Subtitle Language (English), Audio Language (English), Audio Type (Basic).

Under System Information it has Software Version 2.2.233, Starter 2.2.47, Signal Level - No Signal

Can anyone let me know how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Sally

clara29
New

I suddleny have audio description on my sony Bravia. - i ahve followed the previous post as to who to switch this off - however , when i get to audio set - up , it is already off.

Any ideas as it is really annoying!

thanks

Clare

I have a Sony KDL-32EX723U bought in 2011 and a KDL-52W5500 bought in 2009. I would like to use Audio Description on these sets but can find no reference in the supplied manuals. Can you advise if there is Audio Description available on these sets and, if so, how to activate it please?

Mnay thanks

Chris Gasper

vicferri
New

How do we remove the voice on several programs which ends by saying 'audio description by de luxe'?  So irritating.