Join now - be part of our community!

Audio Description

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
paulfromcromford
New

Audio Description

Audio Description

My Sony Bravia has recently started to add Audio Description to several programmes on various channels. I don't want it. How do I stop it?

36 REPLIES 36
Seeyee
Explorer

Hi I have the same issue with my Sony 49" 4K ultra tv and it's driving me insane 

I have tried turning off software update and on again but the annoying mans commentary is still there 

would like instruction as to how to turn it off? 

Seeyee
Explorer

Hi I have the same issue with my Sony 49" 4K ultra tv and it's driving me insane 

I have tried turning off software update and on again but the commentary is still there 

would like instruction as to how to turn it off? 

Try-er
Explorer

Hi, maybe try again and wait a while before turning the settings back on and then wait a while again to see if it takes effect?

AUTO SERVICE UPDATE - this should be on,  CHANGE IT TO OFF, then underneath it, go to:

SOFTWARE DOWLOAD - this should also be on, CHANGE IT TO OFF, then go back to watchin TV for 10 minites

Then turn them both back to ON and wait again...

Hope it works for you......good luck with it! 

mickhill12
Explorer

hi, i tried all sorts but when i put the set back to factory settings i
thought that nothing had happened, but the next day eveything was ok,
still dont understand what happened though.
Kenny02392
Explorer

How to remove AudioDescription

profile.country.GB.title
userof273
Explorer

My Sony KDL 32BX300   still has the audio description facilty active even in the settings it is off. How can I get rid of this annoying feature?

Debidoodah
Explorer

I have suddenly started getting annoying extra voice overs on all programmes and have tried to turn them off but can't seem to find it in my settings. I have a KD 55 XD 9305.

Can you help?

Try-er
Explorer

I had the same.

I think it was when they did a sneaky update and then you need to switch on and off and re-set some default settings.

Can't remember exactly what I did but its in the notes here somewhere on the site and it deffo worked. It was driving me crazy....

hope you find the fix...
profile.country.GB.title
Davidhooper
Explorer

had the same problem today and spoke to Sony and it appears that the audio description was already switched off. The problem I had was that the recent update was not from Sony but from Sky Q.

Simple solution - go to settings on your Sky box and switch off Audio Description there. Problem solved.

profile.country.GB.title
GEORGEHICKS
New

On one occasion I got as far as AD set up and it was shown as 'OFF', which it clearly wasn't.  Since then I have tried again and got no furhter than  Sub title /set up. Any help would be much appreciated.