Join now - be part of our community!

Audio Description

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
paulfromcromford
New

Audio Description

Audio Description

My Sony Bravia has recently started to add Audio Description to several programmes on various channels. I don't want it. How do I stop it?

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To stop Audio Description it is somewhere in the TVs settings.  Unfortunately you have not listed your tv model, so i cant give you exactly where, but have a look around any way.

Cheers

Gester83
Explorer

Hi, the model of my Sony is RM-ED053. The voiceover is driving me insane

Gester83
Explorer

Why has audio description been added to my settings. It's nothing but annoying. How the hell can I get rid of it. I've tried everything in my settings, and it's already turned off. The model I have, which is 3yrs old. KDL-42W653A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

For your model tv, have a look and the following link, as this should contain the settings for your issue.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/13LW600114/EN/c_digi_europe_co_audio.html

Cheers

Gester83
Explorer

Tried that and it hasn't worked I even tried restting it back to factory settings and still audio discription is annoyingly there.

hicock46
New

L'audiodescription est apparue sur certaines chaînes et je n'arrive pas à la supprimer en suivant les instructions fournies par Sony.

mickhill12
Explorer

hi,  not sure what date your question was,  i have same problem,  did you sort it ?

Try-er
Explorer

Have had same problem...driving me crazy..tried everything ,...nothing worked...HOWEVER....tried this random solution and it seems to have worked:

Go To:

MENU, then:

SETTINGS, then

SET UP, (bottom icon), then

DIGITAL SET UP, then

TECHNICAL SET UP, then navigate right to:

AUTO SERVICE UPDATE - this should be on,  CHANGE IT TO OFF, then underneath it, go to:

SOFTWARE DOWLOAD - this should also be on, CHANGE IT TO OFF, then go back to watchin TV for 10 minites.

THEN REPEAT THE WHOLE PROCEEDURE BUT SWITCH THE AUTO SERVICE UPDATE back to ON and the SOFTWARE DONLOAD back to on, then go back to watching TV....leave it for a while and it should remove the Audio Description.

I think what happened was the TV automatically updated and took a dowload to activate the service, but then Sony realised on old TV's you can't switch it off, (may have been a ruse to make us all buy new TV'S!, so then they might have issued another update/dowload to correct this, only you need to switch off and wait and then on for the TV to pick it up....something like that anyway...GOOD LUCK!!!! keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't come back to my Bravia which must be about ten years old now and good as new...ahhh, Sony......xxx

Try-er
Explorer

....see new post re: Auto Service Update and Software Download.......

mickhill12
Explorer

hi, many thanks for the help, i was lucky, a couple of days later the tv
just went back to normal, your help is much appreciated though,
especially if it helps someone else, all the best for the new year.