Join now - be part of our community!

Showing "you have disabled a required permission" when select item in contact list

SOLVED
Patrick1123
Visitor

Showing "you have disabled a required permission" when select item in contact list

When I select contact person in contact list, the mobile shows "you have disabled a required permission". I have checked the permission setting and found the contact permission already enabled.

Tags (2)
15 REPLIES 15
jpproductions
Visitor

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to boot it in safe mode, but still doesn't work, still showing the same message. Whatelse shall I try?

Thank you

Jonas
Master

Hi again!

You can try and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion as the next step in the troubleshooting as it does sound like it's related to the software in your device.

Do note that the software repair will delete all data stored on the internal storage of the device, so it's important that you create a backup using Xperia Companion before starting with the repair.

Keep me posted!

Sherylm88celtic
Visitor

I have disabled the contact permission and now it won't let me add any new contacts 

Nosnhoj1522
Visitor

I am not Patrick. I have disabled a permission. How do I fix this problem?

Nosnhoj1522
Visitor

I am not Patrick 1123.i  thomas Johnson and I have disabled a required permission. How do

I fix this problem? 

Jonas
Master

Hi @Nosnhoj1522, welcome to our forum!

To change the permission for an application, go to Settings > Apps/Apps & Notifications > find the application in the list > Permissions > grant the permission by tapping on it, or tap on the little dot to the right.

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face