Join now - be part of our community!

Sony photo album widget

Rty50n
Visitor

Sony photo album widget

I have just changed from a M4 Aqua to a XA1 and found that the Sony photo album widget isn't available and I can't add a shortcut either? Is this an error with the Nougat operating system or have Sony removed it? I'd like to know as I really liked the photos being on my home screen.

42 REPLIES 42
Gekket
Visitor

Very, very, very disappointed about this! Not even come with an alternative or the option to install.. 👎🏻

I have been searching all over the world wide web but I can't find something similar to that amazing album widget.. 

badyzh
Visitor

Got my xz premium today. I have been using Z3, Z5, xz and now xz premium, why have you removed it, Sony? This widget was the best, please bring it back! Who has given you such a stupid feedback users don't use it much?! 

DagonSoul
Visitor

We need to keep this going people... If we can get enough people to reply to this thread, we might be able to get them to let us have it as a download or something from this website. I want my widget back!!!

rsabluebulls
Visitor

surely it can't be too difficult to bring it back? come on doggy. it was a great widget and I was using it daily 

Snowplex
Visitor

Users don't use it? I use it all the time. Do you actually have to do a lot of work to make the widget compatible to newer models. I assumed that since you already have the code for it, you'd just roll it forward to newer models and new versions of the OS. 

Nemiel
Visitor

This widget was awesome! Was using it on a daily basis as I used my Xperia Z3 compact mainly as a digital camera. As it seems to be unique because there are no alternatives its really a shame that it got scrapped.

Well it doesn't really affect me anymore as after two consecutive Sony mobile phones I moved to Samsung's S9 (shame on me) because the lack of that widget, the inconvenient non-flat design of the Xz2 compact and inferior camera (especially when it comes to low light levels) made me turn away, although reluctantly, from the current Sony phone. I am happy with my choice now but I do miss the software of sony's phones. Menus are structured much clearer and the widgets used to be more useful.

But coming back to the Photos widget I would love to have an alternative showing recent pictures...but as others have posted already there is none availabe out there

Jetzu
Contributor

I don’t know which widget you refer, my XA1 is my first Sony phone, but Snap Camera app has a widget to show recent pictures. I hope it works for somebody.

An_I_K
Visitor

The photo albut widget was the only one that I was actually using on my previous sony phone and I really badly miss it on a new model! There're _no_ widgets similair to it, so bring it back please. It should not be _so_ difficult.

Thanks in advance!

rsabluebulls
Visitor

isn't there an official petition we can put forward to them!  We can't wait longer, they have to bring it back!

BJ_is_Back
Visitor

That is a shame.. also i did use iT a lot on my old but excellent Z1 and i miss the heck out of it.  Notting  Compares  to iT on apps . Please bring iT back .