Join now - be part of our community!

Sony photo album widget

Rty50n
Visitor

Sony photo album widget

I have just changed from a M4 Aqua to a XA1 and found that the Sony photo album widget isn't available and I can't add a shortcut either? Is this an error with the Nougat operating system or have Sony removed it? I'd like to know as I really liked the photos being on my home screen.

42 REPLIES 42
Sonyzzx
Visitor

IT was an excellent widget, please bring it BACK and make it available for newer Sony phones. 

Isty
Visitor

I mis this Widget to. On my new XZ3. Slightly_frowning_Face  I dident find alternativ for it. 

BillyBoy79
Visitor

ANGRYSONY
Visitor

No does not let you install the app at all. Just says app not installed. Nice try though! 

katielou1987
Visitor

I have chsnged from the Xperia E5 ro the Xperia L2 and have found the same thing. I no longer have the album widget. I am not happy either as I always used it on all my phones

katielou1987
Visitor

the widget they are refering to is a widget builtinto phone called photos and videos from sony. it showed pictures and videos crom the in built album feature

katielou1987
Visitor

@Rty50n wrote:

Thanks for the reply but that's the widget that is missing from the XA1. I didn't name it right in the original question sorry.

There is no album widget on my L2 either I miss it. Used it on every Sony phone I have had

spiffles
Visitor

I've used this widget extensively ever since my Xperia SP, and it's been gone for 2 years? No idea who gave you the feedback that it wasn't used very much, it was used all the time. I want it back!

emirbud
Visitor

I also used it a lot with Xperia Z3. I am very disapointed that it's gone.

Sascha_N
Visitor

Same for me. I have used that widget every day on my previous two Sony phones and want to use it or something adequate further on my XZ1 Compact. Very disappointed if it not would be possible.